Pages

Monday 30 May 2016

My Bank Holiday Monday

5.15am
Another early start to the day as David woke before me and I could hear him pottering around. It was 4.56am. We wake up early for work during the week and cannot seem to turn our body clocks off at the weekend. When I opened the patio curtains there was an another spectacular sunrise over the lake.





The carboot sale held on the farm yesterday was advertising that they had another sale on today so we are there again this morning. We checked whether the large carboot sale was going to be on in the field near Milnthorpe but couldn't see any signs up so we'll drive the couple of miles or so to see if it is on.

9.30am
Both car boot sales were on although smaller than yesterday. I am still pleased with my finds which I think are some bargains.

I bought two handbags that are as new, we'll certainly the black bag is. The first is this Kipling bag in black which will be useful. The second is a cutie Disney bag for my niece. She is nearly 20 now and has lots of sophisticated bags but you can't beat a little bit of Disney to put a smile on your face. They were £5 for the two.





From the same stall I bought this bag of 7 Yankee Candle votives and a votive holder for just £2. The scents are Lavender Vanilla, Lilac Blossom and Beach Flowers. I'm not keen on the votive holder so that has been given to my sister and I'll just use the candles. The votives are usually £1.80 each so £2 is a bargain for 7 of them.



I found this new Osprey silk handkerchief in a presentation pack. It is beautifully made and I think I will put this away for my dad as part of his Christmas present. It was £2.


I also bought these ladies Calvin Klein socks - 3 in a box o£3. They will go in my gift box for someone as at present for a birthday or Christmas as will this Timberland wallet (new) which cost 50p.



I have a vintage (1960s) Kenwood chef complete with liquidiser attachment that I paid £15 for at a carboot sale a few years ago. I always keep an eye open for extra bowls or attachments in case mine break so I was pleased to find this bowl, dough hook, whisk and iconic K blender attachments for £5 for all four items. The stall holder even threw in an egg slicer for free.


I bought this Soap & Glory bag for 50p and am going to keep this for myself. I have a selection of bags that I keep in the boot of the car now that you have to pay for carrier bags in shops. This will go in the boot for non-food shopping.


I bought a couple more DVDs for 75p each. The Maggie Smith one is for dad as it is one of his favourite films.


There was one stall where it was 6 items for £1. I had passed it once but my sister made me go back to look as she said the profits were for charity so we had to spend some money there. I bought this travel Connect 4 game, these Minnie Mouse slippers and 4 DVDs that were without boxes for £1.





I also bought 3 boxes of Viva la Diva clear plastic shoes boxe at £1 each. I store 90% of my shoes in boxes and some are starting to look a little tatty so I will transfer some into these boxes. They are so useful to see what shoes are inside them.

We are currently sitting on the edge of the lake enjoying the sun and each other's silent company. We will have to pack the car in a while for an early get away for tomorrow but for now we are enjoying our bank holiday break. I hope you have enjoyed the Blog Every Day in May challenge as much as I have and I hope to post more blogs that I have done in the past. Follow me on Twitter #themrsdanvers.


No comments: