Pages

Wednesday 5 April 2017

Another Tenerife Holiday

Every year at Easter my sister organises an extended family & friends holiday in Costa Adeje, Tenerife. David and I resisted going for many years as we had had a rather rotten holiday in Lanzarote around 15 years ago and vowed never to return to the Canaries. She persuaded us to go away with them three years ago and we booked for less than a weeks stay as we thought we could just about cope with a short break. We loved it so much that we have returned for two weeks and this year is our third year.


The weather is just perfect and looking at the forecast it looks to be the same for the whole of our holiday. We have not really done a huge amount because it normally takes us a few days to wind down, catch up on sleep and catch up with all our family who are on the holiday with us.


We have spent a couple of days lazing by the two pools at our complex and swimming, having lunchtime jugs of icy cold sangria and chatting away the afternoons. It took me two days to read the Dawn French book that I bought the other week at the tabletop sale and I've already started on my next book which has been written by one of my favourite authors M.C.Beaton.



We had a leisurely walk along the coastal path to the far end of Costa Adeje yesterday and then we spent the afternoon sunbathing on one of our massive balconys which looks over the lower and larger pool. We use this pool for swimming in and the top pool for a "dip" as the top pool is heated and has a jacuzzi too. This is the more popular pool but is smaller and I have to get there early to "bagsy" our sunbeds for the day.






We have eaten some delicious food with my favourite being last night where I had duck in Cointreau sauce with Canary potatoes and vegetables followed by a divine Lion Bar cheesecake with chocolate ice cream. I used to love Lion Bars when I was a child and thought they had stopped making them so it was a trip down memory lane as well as a delicious dessert.




I've had tapas and white wine sangria which I did not know existed either but is hardly rocket science is it as you just replace the red wine with white. The iberico ham and hard goats cheese on the platter were just beautiful.



I've had some fun with my dad and introduced him to Snapchat so on a final note here is my 80 year old dads first snapchat photo.


I'll give you another update on our holiday in a few days time.

No comments: