Pages

Tuesday 17 May 2016

Abersoch Weekend Away

I've had a failure with my Blog Every Day in May challenge this weekend #BEDM which you can follow on Twitter. This was because I've had such a busy couple of days with not a moment to spare. Friday in particular was just silly for me time wise. I was up at 5am and only sat down to rest at 9pm and that was only while I was waiting for our evening meal to cook. Boy was that glass of white wine good when I did sit down to finally chill and wait for our evening meal to be ready.

What made me so busy was packing and a 2 1/2 hour journey to Abersoch in North Wales. David and I have been coming here together for the 29 years we have been together. Our first weekend away together was to Abersoch where we stayed in a lovely small hotel in the centre of the village. We return at least once a year and often with family. This time we were on our own and loving it as we love the peace and quiet and on Saturday morning it was deafening.

We had a restful nights sleep in a sweet little bedroom with a cute seaside themed cover on our bed. There was another bedroom with two single beds with the same covers in blue. We used the spare room as our dressing room and had our travel bags and clothes in there. The apartment had a bijou kitchen diner area and a lounge with two settees. We were on the first floor with views towards the sea but sadly this was obscured by trees. Not a problem so much as I could hear the birds singing in them and some noisy geese who were honking non-stop every morning.





The weather has been so hot that when we arrived on Friday night people were out having barbecues and the apartment was so hot we had to open every window to let in some fresh air. It was cooler first thing Saturday morning but the sun was shining through some wispy clouds and it promised to be a lovely day.

It was a hearty English breakfast in the morning for David with the full works although I just plumped for an elegant bacon buttie! We were then off for a day on the beach at Abersoch. We packed two beach chairs, a cool bag and all the newspapers that we had not had chance to read last  week. So a day of relaxation. We called into a Pwllheli to visit the charity shops (read about this in another post) and then popped into Zinc bar for a coffee (or in David's case a beer) and then it was down to the beach for a few hours.





We whiled away our time watching the yachts racing, children playing (and bickering) and we chatted about nothing in particular. The binoculars that I had bought for my nephew last week had somehow been purloined by David who spent time watching the yachts in the far distance. I doubt that my nephew will ever see these now. I had packed a light picnic so we drank bottles of fizzy cola and ate unhealthy pork pies, crisps and lemon & white chocolate muffins (I need to get back on healthy eating now).   The weather was glorious and after a few hours we ambled back to the car and off back to our apartment.








A quick shower and change and we were back in Abersoch for a meal at Manana for a night of Mexican food. David said he would drive so that I could have something alcoholic with my meal. We usually take it turns as to who will drive and remain dry and on Saturday night it was his turn. I chose a fresh strawberry frozen magharita which was just so delicious with a kick of 2.5 shots of tequila in it. Wow!! The food was great too and I chose a mixed chilli combo whereas David went for chicken fajitas.






We were back to our apartment for 9pm and in bed by 10pm as we were so tired. A combination of fresh sea air, sunshine and good food and drink.

I'll tell you about our Sunday in another posting.

No comments: