Pages

Thursday 19 May 2016

More Charity Shop Finds

We set off on Saturday morning towards Abersoch but en route we decided to have a whistle stop visit to Pwllheli to visit a couple of charity shops.  Over the whole 3 day break we also visited more charity shops in Porthmadog and on the way home in Llandudno. 

In Pwllheli, we visited five in total which are all on the same street and a couple of doors away from each other. Two were a dead loss with either expensive or just tatty items. High street chain charity shops now charge silly prices and I think they must be deluded. Fancy wooden coat hangers holding second hand Primark or George at Asda clothes at more than their original prices when new. Why do they do this? 

Luckily there were a couple of independent charity shops which had good items and with sensible prices. I bought this toiletry gift set for £2. It is just for myself and has 4 full sized items in it so they were 50p each. It has come from Tescos so probably not an expensive item when knew but at £2 I am happy. In Porthmadog, I also found this lovely Bayliss & Harding gift set which had 5 full size items in it for £2.99. Again this is for me to use myself rather than a gift for anyone.







I bought 3 books for £1. One of these is by one of my favourite authors M.C. Beaton and who could resist a hardback Delia Smith book for 33p?. Not me.





I found another batch of gardening magazines at 20p each and love to have a flick through these for ideas. I then pass these on to my dad who loves his garden and loves picking out unusual plants from the magazines to buy for his garden. In the same box of magazines were some Guitarist magazines which David snapped up sharpish as they came complete with their CDs.


I also bought a beautiful Chesca 100% silk top which is complete with its tags for just £3.60. I couldn't be bothered to try it on so when I got home I found it is a little (well a lot!) too tight for me so I will pass it on to my sister.


Finally I found 3 DVDs for £1 each. One of these is a series of 6 programmes and one is new and still in its wrapper. 

I found a beautiful 100% linen shirt for David from the Autograph range from M&S. This was £3.50 and will be great for wearing on our next holiday.

In Llandudno I found a lovely M&S linen shirt for my dad for £3.50 and another selection of magazines at 5 for £1. I bought 10 at this price and found an InStyle magazine that is this month's and had to pay extra for this at 50p.




I also bought another toiletry gift set for £2. It is a County Living one and has a selection of Rose scented items including a cute candle and lavender bag although this is rose scented rather than lavender. Again this is just for me as the basket it came in was far too shabby for a gift.





Follow #BEDM on Twitter. 

No comments: