Pages

Tuesday 24 May 2016

Those Little Things

Those little things that mean a lot.

I have been sitting in two hours of rush hour traffic today. One hour to work and one hour home. I feel like I drive off my path every morning and sit in a slow moving carpark. Rather than getting grumpy I found myself daydreaming (a lost art - it used to be a childhood hobby of mine). My day dreaming found me counting my blessings for those little things that end up meaning a lot. 

Here are my little things that I counted my blessings for today.

Reduced price red roses and heavenly scented freesias bought from Marks & Spencers last week. They look lovely on the mantelpiece in my dining room. Who can resist red roses too? and when mixed with white freesias they look just beautiful. At a grand total of £4 they have cheered me up no end and bring a smile to my face every time I walk into the room. If David had bought them for me that would have been the cherry on top but he is a real "bloke" so that was always going to be a non-starter. 





My Dad arriving on Saturday morning with two miniature bottles of gin for me and David. We love a gin and tonic with plenty of ice and a slice of lemon or lime. We like trying different gins but our favourite is good old Gordon's gin and Schweppes tonic (not low calorie, or flavoured in any way). Just delicious. It is great to try out some other gins and I have read about both of these gins in the Waitrose magazine so it will be good to compare with Gordon's.


Arriving home to realise that I do not have to start cooking an evening meal from scratch because I made a lasagne on Sunday and I just have to pop it into the oven to warm it through for our evening meal. Result! I used to make most our week day evening meals at the weekend and then store them in the fridge. Casseroles, home-made soups, bolognese sauce, curry or lasagne etc. Which are easy to heat up. Over the last few weeks I have been very lazy and just bought things on the way home even though the freezers are full. Time to get back to being organised.


Being able to sit in the garden with a chilled glass of wine in the evening because the weather is warm and the sun is out. We play some music, chat about nothing, read my cheap magazines bought from charity shops and get a little relaxed (well sometime a little merry) before heading inside for our evening meal.






Not a huge list but long enough to make me happy.

Follow all the Blog Every Day in May bloggers on Twitter #BEDM.


No comments: