Pages

Saturday 7 May 2016

Clearing Clutter & EBay Sales

I am back onto my mission to clear the clutter in my house and give items to family, to charity or to sell them on eBay. I am suprised how easy it is to list items using my iPad and the eBay app. It is fairly quick and simple given that I can take photos with my iPad and don't have to bother with a camera and then loading them up onto a laptop etc. I appreciate that the photos are not always razor sharp but most do the job. It has made life much easier.

 I recently cleared out my bedding chest and found two new pillow shams that I have never used. I had bought them for using at our previous house where my bedding was cream. I now use white and these do not match. Given that we have lived in our current house for 10 years, it was time to let these go. I had bought them at £30 for the two - half price and sold them for the same amount (less costs to eBay and PayPal) so a little loss but I was just glad to see them go.

I am still selling my shoes, make-up and am now starting on my clothes. Over the last couple of weeks, I sold these loafers from Marks & Spencer and worn only a couple of times. Although they are my size, the sizing comes up small and they pinched my big toes. I'm glad to see these go along with a navy Nails Inc gel effect nail polish that I was given as part of a set. I know blue varnish is very "on trend" at the moment but it is just not me. 



I have also started to list unwanted and unused handbags. Many have come free with perfume or skin care gift sets but there are only so many beach bags or totes that I can use at any one time. I am not selling them for much and am pleased to find I am starting to free up some space at home. I still have a long way to go and need to be patient as I do not sell that much each week. I might get 1 or 2 sales a week but then again I have not got that many items listed. 



Having said that I actually had quite a good week this week and sold 5 items. These were a boxed Royal Worcester mug given to me as a gift (sorry but an un-needed present), a pair of shoe boots that pinched and were a little too tight for me, two tops that I no longer liked and were also a little too tight and a brand new swimsuit that is just gorgeous but far too small for me. I suppose I should explain that I am a terrible yo-yo dieter and over the last few years my weight has fluctuated greatly so clothes are often too big or too small. I do have some clothes that fit at anyone time but plenty that don't so I need to sell them.





Although I have sold some clothes already, I am almost bracing myself for selling the huge amount of clothes I have stored away in suitcases in the garage. Many are too small or too big or just not wanted. Some are new with their tags still attached. I get annoyed with myself for buying items and then not wearing them. How foolish. I hope that once I start to list the clothes I will realise the error of my ways and learn to live with a smaller wardrobe. How do these women manage with their capsule wardrobes that turn into 20 outfits?

I think it will probably take me until the end of the year to clear everything out and get things straight and have a house that is a little less cluttered and more streamlined. I am happy with this long term goal and as I am keeping a record of all my sales, less costs, it will be great to see how much I will have made from my unwanted things.

Day of the Blog Every Day in May challenge. Follow on Twitter # BEDM.

No comments: