Pages

Sunday 22 May 2016

Carboot Sale Haul

We always miss the Cheshire carboot sale when we go away for the weekend. We are away next weekend and have already said we will miss the rich pickings. Other carboot sales are a shadow of the Cheshire one. I think it is a combination of the size of it - so many sellers - and the area being a quite a wealthy one, so people sell expensive items at cheap prices. Great for me as a buyer.

So here is today's haul.

My favourite lady seller had put aside a brand new bottle of Tom Ford Noir de Noir perfume for me. It normally sells for £145 for the 50ml bottle and she sold it to me for £60. Less than half price so I am delighted. She also had these fabulous coconut & vanilla jar candles for £2. They are just from HomeStore so not expensive but they smell lovely. I bought two and she gave me a third one for free. She has some Jo Malone products coming in over the next couple of weeks so I will keep an eye open for her and pray for good weather so that the carboot sale is on.





I bought this chic black leather Tripp weekend bag for just £2. It is brand new (still has the silica packs inside it) and a really good size for a weekend away. Often these bags are just a little bit too small but this is a fairly decent size. David whinged all around the carboot sale after I had bought it as he wanted me to give it to him for himself. He does this all the time and knows that I usually give in but this time I am not relenting. It is too chic to give away to him and I am keeping it for myself.




From the same lady I bought two toiletry gift sets at 50p each. The Kelloggs one is for my niece and the Mandarin Spa one is for me. At 50p I can't resist toiletry sets but I've bought quite a few over the last couple of weeks so I need to curb this habit.



I bought 4 packs of golf balls for my dad at £1 a pack as a little gift for him for looking after PG (our cat) when we go away for the weekend.



I bought a brand new Marks & Spencer Whinnie the Pooh hot water bottle cover last week from a charity shop in Llandudno for £1. It had no bottle inside it so when I saw one for £1 I snapped it up. I would rather have paid 50p but David bought quite a few CDs from the stall holder at silly prices so I felt mean to knock him down in price.

Finally, I bought my usual collection of DVDs. This time is was the boxed set of series 1 & 2 of the Forsyte Saga for £2 and all three Beverley Hills Cop films for 50p. Watching these set of three films will be like a trip down 1980s memory lane.


A small haul this week but I'm still delighted by my finds.

Follow me on Twitter #themrsdanvers and during May #BEDM.


No comments: