Pages

Sunday 1 January 2017

Sales Mini Haul

I decided that I was not going to buy much in the sales because I do not need many things. I have however bought a little more than I intended, so I don't know why I have called this post a mini haul when it should be a maxi haul. I also went shopping with my mum, sister and niece and I guess they egged me on so I reckon the splurge is not down to me (well that's my excuse!)

I got an email from M&S just before Christmas offering me half price offers due to having more than 20,000 points on my Sparks card. I bought a new winter coat at half price in a fabulous check. I love plain colours but sometimes a pattern is needed. At the same time I bought a lightweight top in black with white top-stitching. I adore this top and had bought it earlier this year at full price at £15, but when it arrived it had faulty stitching on the neck so it went back. I was pleased to get it at £7.50. I also bought a black jumper which has a chiffon hem and three silver metal buttons on one shoulder. Smart and practical for weekend wear. Well I thought that was it until I went shopping with my female relatives.




We went to the Lowry shopping centre. My mum lives over from France and struggles to find "decent" clothes over where she lives so she went a little crazy with her purchases. To be fair I have seen the clothes shops near where she lives and their offerings are quite simply vile (polyester tabards and crimplene dresses) so I don't blame her. I bought a grey loose cardigan which was in a silk mix fabric for £9. It fits beautifully.


Two maxi dresses at £12 each - both for wearing on summer evenings and for taking away on sunny holidays. I thought the pink floral one may be a bit "too much" but it looks lovely when I tried it on and fits me better than the muted floral one (no photo) although this is a size smaller and probably a little tighter than I would like. I'm in between sizes.


A black top with a lovely neckline. Great worn with black trousers for work but also fairly decent weekend wear. The material is light and soft but creases a little. This was £6.


I bought a boxed set of 12 dinner candles for just £1 and I also bought two bottles of liquid soap for in the kitchen at £1 each and a coconut room spray at £1.



My final Lowry purchase was 4 boxes of Yankee Candle tealights from Clintons. These were half price at £3.49 a box. I bought two boxes of Christmas Cookie and two boxes of Festive Cocktail which I have not seen before. It has a real cranberry scent.



I also bought a mint green coat which was new with its tags in eBay for just £19.99. This is en route and not arrived as yet. To be honest I didn't really need this but I couldn't resist the price nor the colour and it is not a colour I would normally choose.

Finally (after a couple of glasses of wine?!!) one evening I went on line and I bought three pairs of Fitflops for during the summer. I couldn't resist as the cheapest pair was £19 reduced from £90. I also hunted for some reduction codes before paying and found a 15% discount code to use on line. The other two pairs were reduced to £34 from £90 and £27 from £70. With the discount code, the total cost was £68. I had to pay postage of £3.95 as the order was less than £75 but given that the price of three pairs worked out at under £23 a pair I was happy with this.




Well that was my splurge and I think this was plenty to add to my wardrobe for winter and summer.



No comments: