Pages

Wednesday 11 May 2016

Easy Daily Makeup

If I can get away with it I will go makeup free if I am spending a day at home with no visitors. I think it is good for my skin to have a day that it makeup free and I will just have serum and moisturiser on my face.

For the days that I am in the office (which is every day at the moment) I like to wear makeup. It is part of my work "uniform" and as I want to feel confident at work I feel the need to wear makeup. I change out of my work clothes when I get home and always take off my makeup at the same time. It really is like taking off my uniform.

I don't want to spend hours getting ready in the mornings so I have a quick and easy makeup routine which changes with the seasons. As it is spring at the moment and I still have some colour from my April holiday I am wearing a tinted moisturiser. This is L'Oreal Skin Perfection BB cream 5 in 1, Instant Blemish Balm in Medium. I bought a few of these on sale in Morrisons the other week and wrote about it in my blog. This is a great product as it is not too greasy or shiny and sits beautifully on my skin. 




I am a lover of Boots No.7 makeup for price and variety. I also love the free gifts that they offer every so often with multiple purchases. I am using this blusher in the shade Honey at the moment as it still picks out some my leftover tan.


I always use their eye shadow primer as I am at that age where eyeshadow can end up being creased on my eye lid. Using this primer really helps with keeping my eye shadow in place, particularly as I prefer to wear a powder rather than cream eye shadow. It is called Stay Perfect Smoothing & Brightening Eye Base.



 I always wear eyeshadow and I change the colour I wear depending on what I am wearing or how I feel that day. My all time favourite is a discontinued shade called Antique Rose. When I realised it had been discontinued I made a search on eBay and bought a couple of full sized compacts. I have also managed to find some sample sizes on carboot sales. I will only ever buy these when they are new and unused and at a reasonable price. I managed to also find a second choice colour that I will start to use when Antique Rose runs out and this is called Sorbet Shine.




I also love two other neutral shades called Wheatsheef and Mink as these are go to shades when I can't decide what colour to wear. They always brighten up my eyes.



I have a couple more that I wear less often and depending on the clothes I am wearing and these are are a khaki green imaginatively named Khaki and a chocolate brown one called Truffle.



A favourite eyeliner at the moment is one by Smashbox and this is called "Always Sharp Wterproof Kohl Liner". It has a sharpener in the lid so as you screw the lid back on it sharpens the eyeliner. I have to have waterproof so that it does not end up half way down my face. I have gone for a slightly different shade than I would normally wear and this is a dark violet colour called Violetta. I love it as a change from my usual dark brown.





I am using up lots of sample sized mascaras at the moment and my current one is a Clinique one called high impact mascara in black. This is good but I would not rave about it.


For lips I use Boots No.7 Deeply Moisturising Lipcare which gives 24 hour moisturising. Personally I think this is an exaggeration and it last for around half that time. I then use one of two Boots No.7 lipsticks which is either Plum Beautiful which is a great everyday colour or I go for Glacé which matches the Antique Rose eyeshadow perfectly. It is a deep mid pink colour with a hint of gold shimmer. I know this sounds a bit risky but it looks lovely on.





Well that's another daily blog for the Blog Every Day in May challenge and I hope you are enjoying reading my blog as much I enjoy writing it. Follow all the BEDM blogger on Twitter #BEDM.


No comments: