Pages

Sunday 8 May 2016

Today's Carboot Finds

After last Sunday's dreadful weather when it rained solidly all day, it was a relief to wake up to that slightly pink sky when you know it is going to be a good day. Although we did not get home and to bed until 11pm last night, I was up at 5am and we were at the car boot sale 30 minutes before it officially starts.

So what I did buy today at the Cheshire carboot sale? Here are my finds:

I found one stall holder who had the same size feet as me - size 8 - and it is not often that this happens on carboot sales. I bought two pairs of sandals from her for £3 a pair and as they are both nearly new I was pleased with the price.

The first pair are from the Papillio range by Birkenstock and I love the Pucci style design on them. I am a plain Jane when it comes to patterns but find I am getting more daring as I get older. I think these will look great with jeans or plain shorts and of course a bright coloured pop of nail varnish on my toes.


The second pair are more conservative and are from Clarks. The soles of the sandals look like they have never been worn. David said that they are so "old grannyish that they look trendy". These are a deep dark brown and again a colour I would not normally choose but I just loved them when I saw them. I think these will also look great with jeans or navy cropped trousers/ navy dress.


I bought this Le Crueset salt pig from the same lady for £2 and these usually retail for £26. It is new and unused and will look great on my black kitchen counter tops.



I always buy a couple of gifts for family. Sometimes I put things away for them for Christmas and birthdays and other times I give the gifts to them straight away for just being lovely. I bought this Bench toiletry bag for my nephew for 50p, this Hello Kitty mug with mini box of hot chocolate for my niece for 50p and this copy of Lawrence of Arabia for my dad, also for 50p. It is one of my dad's favourite films and he loves telling me that there is not one single woman in the film. He forgets he has told me and then tells me again months later. I never tell him that he has already told me this and act suprised each time he tells me. I also bought the other DVD for 50p for myself.




I also bought these Billabong binoculars for my nephew for £3 but I will put them away for his birthday in June.


One girl was selling these two fruity sets of Radox shower creams for £3.50 for the two. I just had to buy them at that price as who can resist yummy smelling coconut kiss body wash, passion fruit splash and mango mahem shower gels with a cute sponge shaped like an ice lolly. They are probably more suitable for a young girl rather than a woman of my age but I just love these for weekends away.





I couldn't resist the Jelly Belly set with shower gel, body lotion and bath orchid for 50p either. The shower gel is raspberry and the body lotion is blueberry. I reckon I will be smelling like fruit salad by the end of the summer.




I also found some other toiletries. This full size bottle of Boots No.7 gentle toner for £1. This is normally £8 from Boots.


These two travel sized Lancome bottles of cleanser and toner at 50p each.


And this lovely little set of two heart shaped soaps plus two full sized soaps. The full sized ones are a pink one with pale pink butterflies and a green one with a Christmas tree and stars. I will use these pretty much straight away but put the green one away until Christmas time and then use it in the bathroom when family are visiting and staying over.



I love pewter bags for on holiday and on our recent trip to Tenerife I had my current pewter bag start to die on me (sob!). The handles started to look tatty and so did the corners where I had put the bag down on the floor or on seats. I was reluctant to throw it away and even yesterday hesitated near the bin and put it back in my bedroom. Well today I bought this replacement for £1. It is pretty much like new with just a little wear on one corner. The lady who sold it to me was lovely and asked me to check the inner sections to see if anything was in it. I found a purse and some receipts. I opened the purse and pulled her leg saying there was a £50 note inside but there was only 3p. She laughed her head off and then promptly put the purse on her stall to sell.



I bought the boxed set of Upstairs Downstairs (series 2  - 13 episodes) for 50p. I love this series and already have the first one so may watch it again to get up to speed before watching this series two.


I found this two series boxed set of Luther detective dramas starring Idris Elba for £3. It looks like it has never been watched.


Finally I bought a mixture of Gardener's World and Good Food magazines and The Gardener's Year book for £1.50 for the lot. The book alone had originally cost £7.99 so I was pleased with this little haul.





I also bought 30 petunia bedding plants for £6 and am going to spend the rest of the afternoon in the garden planting these out and generally pottering around.

This is my daily blog for Blog Every Day in May. Follow me on Twitter # BEDM.



No comments: