Pages

Thursday 5 May 2016

Morecambe Carbooting

This is day four for me on the Blog Every Day in May challenge. You can follow this on Twitter at #BEDM.

It was raining all day Sunday and the two car boot sales that are held on the way to Milnthorpe were both closed. With heavy hearts and low expectations we went to the Morecambe & Lancaster college indoor sale instead. We have been to this indoor carboot sale before and there are usually slim pickings. 

I bought 3 DVDs for £1 ands further 2 for 50p each. I also bought a bottle of Victor & Rolf Flowerbomb body lotion for £1. Not a huge haul for me but David was delighted to find a man selling off his CDs and music DVDs for 5 for £2. He bought 28 CDs and 2 DVDs and was pleased with his £12 spend.



We headed off to the carboot sale on Morecambe market but there were mainly market stalls rather than carboot stalls because the weather was so bad. The one stall that was there was our favourite stall where it is 3 items for £1 and there is also a "fill a bag for £1" section. We had a little from both sections and came home with £2 worth of items. My favourite is this brand new le creuset pan handle holder. Le creuset griddle pans have metal handles and need some cloth around them to stop your hand burning. I usually use a tea towel so this holder is great and cost 30p.


We filled the £1 bag with books, vinyl and cassettes along with a magazine from last month and a large photo album which holds 120 photos. Last Christmas I filled up a small album of photos for my Dad. I had pictures of us all together on holidays over the years and he was delighted with it so I thought I would do the same again this year with this larger album.


I also bought this handbag cleaning & care kit for £2. It has items for cleaning both normal & patent leather.



We ended up visiting the reduced food stall again as we cannot resist the bargains to be had and this time I bought 2 boxes of cereal for 75p each, 6 small sized tins of Heinz baked beans for £1.60 and 3 tins of Batchelors baby potatoes for £1. These are for David who loves tinned potatoes. I think they are simply horrid.

We bought 2 more boxes of the Thornton's Continental chocolates at £2 a box after I had looked on line and realised they cost around £12 a box. I also bought two boxes of these praline chocolates at £1 a box. I stocked up on some more of the lasagne kits at 3 for £1.



We spent the afternoon in Morecambe at the festival on the front where it was raining very hard and all four of us looked like drowned rats at the end of the day. The day before had been just beautiful weather.  There was live music, a fairground, food stalls selling everything from Paella to pizza and a very wet outside beer tent. No-one was bothered by the rain and people were sitting outside at the ables drinking beer! We caught the tail end of the procession, it was great end to another busy day.




No comments: