Pages

Wednesday 11 May 2016

More eBay sales

I know that I have recently written a post about my eBay sales but I am not sure what is happening with eBay at the moment but I have been having lots of sales and just wanted to update you. Last week in total I sold 12 items. I went to the post office three times. The first time I took just two parcels and the second and third time I took 5 parcels each time.

I am incredibly lucky in that the post office is just further up the road from where I live in a parade of shops. It is open from 7am until 10pm each day because the post office counter has been moved from a separate counter in the shop to the main shop counter. I can take my parcels any time during the day although there are strict times relating to the last post collection which are normally around 5pm.

I have sold a strange mixture of items that have been hanging around the house. I love getting rid of the clutter around my home and hoping that it is going to a better use in another home. 

So what did I sell?

A Lancome Juicy Tube lip gloss that was part of a set and in a colour I would never use.

A pair of leather loafers from the M&S Autograph range that are in my size but which come up small and are a little pinchy on my big toes.

A Star Wars spoon that came free with a box of Kelloggs cereal. I bought four of these boxes of cereal as they were on offer at £1 a box. They all came with the free spoon which I can hardly see myself and David using. Although thinking about it, a fun spoon at breakfast may bring a smile to our faces. It seemed a shame to throw them away so I thought I might sell them on eBay and I have sold two with two left to list.
A pair of white linen jeans that came from the Per Una range of Marks & Spencer. I bought these a couple of years ago but then put on weight (I am a terrible yo yo dieter) and I have never worn these as they are too small. It was time to let these go and I listed them on a Friday evening and they were sold by Saturday morning.

A lovely printed and embroidered cushion that David and I bought as a pair for our bed. They are both lovely but I have so many cushions already and have had a change of mind about our colour schemes that I decided to sell them. I have sold one and now have one left. It went for around the same price as we paid so with costs it is a minor loss or a break even.

I need to list some more items of clothing so that I can reduce my clothes mountain and it does not take long to list them but I don't seem to have a spare moment or the inclination at present. I am working every day in the office because I have had so many staff resign and I am trying to manage one large unit as well as do my usual job. This is due to a recent review of my department and I served redundancy notice on quite a few staff last week. I am coming home from work mentally exhausted and listing my clutter is starting to feel like work rather than a hobby. Time to give it another rest for a week and then pick it up again when I am enthused.





No comments: