Pages

Thursday 20 April 2017

Magazine Freebies

Tesco had sent some vouchers to me in the post while I was away on holiday. The first one had expired by the time I got home so I still had two left to use which were £9 off a £90 shop. When I usually get vouchers for this volume of spend I tend to buy lots of dry and tinned goods to stock up on.

I bought 6 packs of cat food because they were on offer by Tesco but the brand had also added an extra portion and a money off voucher included in the boxes. I also bought laundry detergent which was on offer, half price boxes of tea bags, half price packet sauce mixes for casseroles and packs of butter that were on offer.

I was soon not far off the required amount but just not quite there. I strolled over to the magazines and found two that were on offer and which had freebies attached to them too - result. I will only buy magazines if the freebie is something that I will use and which is worth a decent amount of money.

This time I bought Marie Claire which is usually £3.99 but was on offer in Tescos at £2.50. This had a fee handcream from Neal's Yard with it. This is a decent sized 50ml tube of handcream rather than one of those small sample sizes or travel sizes. I chose the Bee Lovely scent as the others were Rose (okay but not my favourite) and Geranium & Orange Blossom (had this before and it's quite a strong scent). This is worth £10 so a good price for a freebie.



My second purchase was a double pack of Elle & Cosmopolitan which cost £4.50. Elle is normally £4.30 to buy and Cosmopolitan was on offer at £1. To be honest I find Cosmo a little young for me these days but after realising it was going to cost me just 20p I thought I'd chance it. This bundle came with a free full sized bottle of nails inc polish. I had to go for the bright red Tate colour as this is one of my favourites. I know the other muted colours are probably more fashionable but I just love a red nail with a tan. This polish would normally cost £11.



Not bad to get £21 worth of toiletries for the £7 price of three magazines. I also managed to get the £9 off my shopping too.

No comments: