Pages

Wednesday 25 May 2016

Bargain Food Haul

OMG The traffic home from work today was dreadful. Bruce Springsteen is playing at the Etihad Stadium near where I work so the crowds were heading from every direction. This meant that I was later than usual driving past the new Marks & Spencer food hall and as I needed some bread and salad I popped in.

I came home with a bit of a foodie haul as who can resist a bargain? and as we are away for the forthcoming bank holiday weekend with my sister and brother-in-law in the Lake District, I needed to get some scrummy things for us to eat. 

There were lots of packs of Serrano Ham & Spanish Tapas Selection meats reduced from £1 to 10p a pack. As we will be eating these in the next couple of days and the meat is cured anyway I had no problem buying 4 packs of each. These will be delicious served with some cheeses and the two packs of olives and feta that I bought reduced to 35p a pack. A couple of slices of crusty bread to go with this will be a truly heavenly lunch. 




I found two large packs of 14 slices of bacon reduced from £4.50 to £2.55 a pack. Both of these have gone in to the freezer already ready for a tasty bacon buttie one weekend. 



Tonight we had lamb chops cooked in the oven with jacket potatoes and salad for our evening meal. I bought the salad reduced to a £1 and David loves potato salad so finding a reduced pack at 55p was good along with the reduced pack of 6 baking potatoes. 




I have planned for us to have ready made Indian food on Saturday evening once we have finalised the 4pm check-in time. I bought these three meals for one reduced from £5 a pack to £1.35. I will take just two with me as David and my sister like mild spice.


I couldn't resist a couple of fancy yogurts at 35p for tonight as a dessert or for tomorrow morning's breakfast and I bought the mojito fruit cocktail for lunch tomorrow along with the chicken satay. The Chinese meal is in the freezer and when I have enough different reduced Chinese meals and starters in the freezer we have a banquet, usually as a Saturday night treat. 






I bought the chicken dinner as a lazy Friday night meal for David and I'll add some vegetables to bulk it out for him. I'll have one of the curry meals instead. 


I bought this half price tin of biscuits for my nephews birthday next month. This was on offer rather than a short dated reduction, I have a couple of small gifts for him already and will give him a card with some cash in it so that he can buy something for himself or save it away. He will be 18 and am sure will appreciate the cash rather than a gift. 



I managed to get some reduced bread for toast and sandwiches for David for tonorrow and Friday.

They also still had the "buy six bottles of wine and save 25% off" offer on so I found some bottles of our favourite wine which is already a third off. It should be £12 a bottle but is reduced to £8 and with the 25% off it works out at half price at £6. Result. These will go away with us for our weekend away.

So that's another foodie haul and our meals sorted for the next few days.

Follow all the Blog Every Day in May bloggers on Twitter #BEDM and me on #themrsdanvers.


No comments: