Pages

Tuesday 3 May 2016

Charity Shop Finds

I am following the Blog Every Day in May challenge which has linked fellow bloggers on Twitter #BEDM. This is post two for me. Read about it on Rosalilium.

I visited a number of charity shops in Morecambe, Carnforth and Milnethorpe over the weekend and bought the following items:

An old fashioned 100% pure new wool tartan travel blanket for keeping in my car. These are always handy to have in the car for impromptu sitting on a beach or park when the weather is good. This was £1.50 in a half price sale. At the same shop I also bought this full size bottle of The Body Shop gingerbread shimmer body cream and this travel sized shower gel from Soap & Glory. These were also half price and cost 75p for the two. 



I bought six paperbacks all by Alexander McCall Smith whose most famous novel is probably The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency. These were 20p each and will last me through a couple of holidays for beach and sun bed reading matter. From the same shop I bought 2 Record Collector magazines for David also at 20p each.



I bought 3 Homemaker magazines for 20p each from another charity shop and Lancashire Life & Vegetarian magazines from a 3rd charity shop. In this 3rd shop I also bought these spongy shoe trees for £1. I think these are great for putting in evening shoes for keeping their shape and stopping them from getting wrinkly toes. I also bought some Bayliss & Harding toiletries at 20p each and a travel sized Soap & Glory shower gel and a Simple skin toner for the same price.






I spotted this Kipling shoulder bag for £5.50 in the same shop in a mauve shade. Not the kind of bag or colour that I go for, but it is such a well made bag and in such good condition that I could not resist buying it. I think I may use this on future holidays as it has some useful zipped sections and an adjustable strap so I can use it as a shoulder bag or hand carried bag. Handy for on the plane and sightseeing.


I also could not resist this Marks & Spencer Blue Harbour jacket in a brown canvas cotton for David for just £1. It is like new apart from a faint pen mark on the front. What a bargain price at £1. David loved it when I gave it to him and wore it straight away. 


There is small carboot section of the market on a Saturday and I bought 4 DVDs for 50p each. The two The Persuaders DVDs are for David as he loves any series from this 1970s era. I also bought 2 Disney films as who can resist a little bit of Disney escapism at any age?


I have some more car boot finds to show but more on this in another post.


No comments: