Pages

Sunday 5 June 2016

A Hot Carboot Sale

It was great to be back home this weekend so we could visit the Cheshire Carboot Sale again. Ampika and her ex-husband from Cheshire Housewives was there again today. She is such a stunning looking woman in the flesh and has a figure to die for. I am not suprised she was there today as it was lovely weather and there were plenty of stalls to browse around.

So here are my random purchases for today:

This massive Marcel Wanders silk scarf - it is soft and light as a feather and just my colour combination to go with a black or grey coat or jacket. Just £1 - bargain.



A charming handmade cushion which is feather and down filled and a good size - about 1.5 ft by 1ft. It is fairly clean too although I will still give it a wash. Not sure where I will put it yet but for 50p (I know!! - just 50p) I was having it.



Four medium Yankee Candle jars at just £5 each. They were actually £6 each or 4 for £20 so I went for the multiple deal. I love the gingerbread maple scent and am currently burning this in the large jar so I was pleased to get the medium jar. These are normally £18.99 each so a real saving for me.





I also bought three boxes of tealights. There are two boxes of a fruity raspberry scent and one box of a Christmas minty candy cane. The raspberry ones cost £3 a box and the candy cane has a couple missing so was £2.


Two boxes of Cath Kidston shower gels in Bluebell & Jasmine at £4 a box. I think these usually cost around £15 each. I bought these from my favourite lady seller. She had matching towels and face cloths too which were just darling but I have just white towels and bedding so it was a no go. I bought these to put away as gifts for my sister & niece.


A bag of random toiletries for £1. I bought it mainly for the large Marks & Spencer body lotion and the two travel sizes of  Nails Inc Victoria & Albert nail varnishes. I often wear this colour on summer holidays as I think it looks so chic with a tan.



Two toiletry items for 50p each. The razors are normally pricey and I am running out of leave-in-conditioner so a bottle of Pantene was welcomed. Why would you go into Boots and pay top dollar when you can get things like this from a carbooty?


Four lovely cheese plates which are boxed and never been used for £1. It is a shame that there are only four as I would have loved a box of 8 but you never know I may find a matching box one day.







I bought a load of DVDs for mainly 3 for £1 apart from a boxed set of Doc Martin - series 1 to 5 for £1. I also found this copy purse for £1. It is a good size, hardly used and I love the black fake snakeskin pattern.



I got this Hawkshead shirtsleeves shirt for my dad for £1. It is sealed up and has a £15 price ticket on it. I'll put this away for him as part of his Christmas present.




My favourite find is a job lot of 1960s Kenwood Chef attachments for my vintage Kenwood Chef. I have not taken loads of photos but there are 5 boxed items. A potato peeler (I've always called them a potato rumbler), a coffee grinder, a mincer, a juicer and a juice extractor. Some had the original £, shillings & pence price labels on the inside. There was also a milky coloured glass mixing bowl and two glass blenders. Wait for it on the price.... £25 for the lot. I am like a dog with two tails.



Oh and I found this lovely black & white photograph in one of the boxes. Have you seen this darling little pair of shorts with bib worn by the boy on the left? So cute.


A Gok Wan glasses case & cloth for 50p. I bought this for my reading glasses as I seem to break the cases on a fairly regular basis. I am a bit rough & ready with them.


Sorry that I have not blogged much this week despite my promises. I have had a pig of a week with a broken down car, troubles at work (I won't bore you) and a mammoth listing session on eBay to get rid of all my old clothes. I've started and listed 25 items but I have a long way to go. I have already  brought suitcase number 2 out of the loft for more listing. I think it will take several weeks but I love the sales coming through and the spare space.

Follow me of Twitter #themrsdanvers.

No comments: