Pages

Sunday 30 April 2017

Just an Average Carboot Sale

At this time of year, the carboot sale can very much be a hit or miss affair. Last week I bought loads whereas today I did reasonably well but nothing overly sparkling. It was just an average carboot sale.

Here are my purchases:

One large Yankee Candle jar at £8. This is in the scent of Christmas Eve and smells heavenly. I lit two of the smaller jars last Christmas and they gave a comforting smell to my home. Considering these are now £23.99 to buy I did well saving £15.99.



I also bought four of the medium Yankee Candle jars at £20 for 4, so £5 each. I chose two of my favourite Christmas Cookie scent, one Season of Peace and one Gingerbread Maple. These sell for £19.99 each so I've saved £59.96 on the full price. I'll save the Christmas Cookie and Season of Peace ones until this Christmas but the Gingerbread Maple will be burnt over the next few weeks.




I bought two cookery books and a BBC gardening book for £1 for all three. I already have the Nigella  Express book so bought this for my niece who I am sure will enjoy trying out some of the recipes and at 33p it can be flicked through and given to charity if it is not her thing.



I also bought a massive River Cottage Fish cookery book that weighs a ton and has a £30 price tag on it. I bought a few things from this guy's stall and reckon this cost me £2 in the end.


The other items that I bought were two massive chopping boards that I reckon are made from corian at £1 each and a carved marble door stop for £1.


I found the lady who I had bought the House & Garden magazines from last week and bought 10 Cheshire Life and Red magazines from her for 20p each. They are all late 2016 editions.



I also bought a scarf from her for 50p. I have been trying to find blue toned scarves so was happy to find this stripey one.


I was pleased to find a Catseye toiletry bag which is as new for 50p. I had been looking at this same bag when we were staying at Portmeirion in March. I thought it would be lovely for my niece but it was priced around £8 - £9 and I thought this was too expensive but 50p is fine by me.


I also found this large and unused pop art print Soap & Glory toiletry case. I'll fill this with some Soap & Glory products that I have already put away to make a gift for my sister or niece.


While David was looking at a guitar stand I spotted this glass ornament and thought it was lovely. The lady selling it told me it had cost her £30 from a glass handicraft shop in Devon or Cornwall (I can't remember exactly where). In the end David bought the guitar stand and bought this for me at £1.


The Macmillan cancer research charity had a stall today and I bought this new Disney mug for just £1. I love large mugs for me to drink my tea from and I particularly like Winnie the Pooh ones. This still has a £9 reduced to £7 price sticker on the base of it.



I bought two Nevo Dead Sea hand kits for £1 for the two. The packaging is a bit bashed but the products inside are fine. All new and unused. I'd not heard of the brand before so had a look on line when I got home and was flabbergasted to find the same kits sell for £28.90 online. Blimey!



Two other small items from one stall were this boxed Atrixo hand cream and gardening gloves set for £1. The handcream is currently £4.99 to buy so £1 seems a good price for the set.


The last item was a roll of Lakeland roasting film for 50p. This is pretty good for sealing in the meat juices and so easy to make gravy with the juices saved in the bag. The stall holder wanted me to have them free but we agreed on £1.50 for this and the Atrixo set in the end.




Well that was it for the day. My right foot and left knee ached from all the walking by the time we had finished but the exercise will have done me good. We'll see how we get on tomorrow although the weather forcast is for rain so I don't have high hopes.

No comments: