Pages

Sunday 16 April 2017

Start of the Carbooting Season

The first day of the Cheshire carbooting season started the day after we went on holiday so we missed the first two sales (sob!). We got back home from our holiday at 10pm last night and I was up early and on the road for 7.30am this morning. Given that it is Easter Sunday we were not sure whether the sale would be on or not. A search of Facebook & Twitter drew a blank but we thought we may as well have a drive out to see if it was on even though we were not hopeful. We were delighted to find that it was on although a little smaller than we would have liked. After trying to pay our entrance fee with a €5 note (oops - not quite awake) we did reasonably well.

I found a repeat Clinique seller who I have bought from before and picked out a 100ml bottle of Aromatics in White EDP for £20. This is usually £80. I also bought two 100ml bottles of Clinique Clarifying Lotion for £5 each instead of the full price of £16.50.





On the toiletry front I also bought a 5 piece set of Molton Brown travel sizes. A shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, body lotion and soap for £1. These sample sizes are usually around £2.50 each so £1 for a set worth £12.50 is a bargain.


From the same lady I bought two 75ml Armani Code products for David. An Armani Code aftershave balm and an Armani Code Sport shower gel. These were just 20p each. A 100ml bottle of the after shave lotion is currently £46 so why she would want to sell them (new and unused) at 20p is beyond me. I reckon people do not always appreciate the cost of their own possessions.


Lastly I bought two decent 89ml travel sized bottle of Nexxus Nutritive shampoo & conditioner for 20p each. I found the same in a 250ml bottle on line at £14 so I reckon I have two bottles worth £4.98 each. I also got a little travel soap from "this works" for 20p too. I wasn't that bothered about the soap but she said I could have all the above toiletries for £2 including the little soap which made them all 20p an item.


My final toiletries were a full new bottle of Sanctuary Cooling Shower Drench for £1 (normally £7) and a full new bottle of Sanctuary Featherlight Moisture Spray for 50p and a new Leighton Denny nail polish "in the navy" for 50p (normally £12).




I found a good sized Le Crueset stoneware dish in my favourite blue shade for just £1.50. This looks like it has hardly been used but it does need a good wash. Similar pie dishes are are currently selling for £36 on their website.



One stall holder had a hamper business and was selling all his Christmas stock - teas, coffees, jars of jam, marmalade, cakes and chocolates. I bought two large 300g boxes of Butlers chocolates at £3 each (should be £13.50). These are best before July 2017. Two 250g boxes of French Truffles at £1 each and two boxes of Scottish breakfast Teabags at £1 each. Now I certainly don't need the chocolates after gaining weight on holiday but who can resist these bargain prices? I love pralines and truffles too.






Lastly I bought my usual collection of DVDs at between 3 for £1, 50p and £1 each. These should occupy me over the rest of the Easter weekend break.


We have tomorrow's carboot sale to look forward to and we hope it will be a little bigger than it was today. I'll give an update tomorrow on the treasures that we find.



No comments: