Pages

Monday 1 May 2017

Three Carboot Sales

My cat woke me early this morning by gently placing her paw on my face. It's not love just hunger. Once I fed her we got a wriggle on as there were three carboot sales to visit. First off was the Cheshire carboot sale. David bought nothing - a first for him. I had a few good finds and here are my purchases:

Nine home magazines; Ideal Home, House Beautiful, Real Homes etc. at 3 for £1. I bought nine which cost me £3 which is less than the cost of one when new. They are from January 2017 backwards to the middle/end of 2016.


A 100ml bottle of Dolce & Gabbana L'Imperatrice 3 which was £10. This is new and unused. The seller worked at Debenhams and had bought it at staff rate. I also bought this Louis Vuitton 30 Speedy style bag from her for £5. I have a few of these type of bags and just have them stored in one corner of my bedroom.



I bought a few bits of costume jewellery. This cubic zirconia ring for 50p and this set of 8 pairs of stud earings for £2.



From the same lady I bought a jar of her homemade marmalade. I normally buy her homemade lemon curd but she said she was behind with her preserve making so all she had was the one jar of marmalade.


Some Hugo Boss reading glasses for £1.


A brand new golf shirt and wool gilet which still had the tags on for my dad. I'll put this away for him for Christmas.


That was pretty much it - slim pickings and I have to say some pretty rude buyers pushing in front of me. At this point we decided to head towards home and call in at the more sedate and genteel carboot sale in Dunham village. I bought masses of DVD boxed sets from one seller. They are all like new and he was charging £2 a set. I bought The Blacklist Seasons 1&2, Black Sails Season 1 and the complete series of Alcatraz.


I also bought a Laurent Perrier hessian case for 50p. David faired better and bought quite a few CDs and cassettes.


I bought a couple of designer carrier bags for 50p each. I'll pop these on top of my wardrobe and use them for storage. Who can resist a real Louis Vuitton and Mulberry bag, even if they are made of cardboard.


I couldn't resist a vintage Halina Viewer complete with box & instructions for 50p. David still uses slide film and we have lots of slides from holidays gone by so we can use this to view them all rather than set them up in a carousel.

We then moved on to the final carboot sale at St Margarets church. It is always such a cute sale here and they serve tea and cakes inside the church. Someone was playing Lord of the Dance on the church organ when we went inside too. So British!

I bought a pair of new Hotter Mabel pumps for £2 which are in a teal green. The colour is actually called Lagoon. I couldn't be bothered trying these on and sadly they are too big for me so they are destined for selling on eBay.


I bought a load more DVDs as they were 25p or 3 for £1. This included another boxed set of a series called Bones.  I have plenty to keep me occupied if there is nothing that takes my fancy on the TV over the next month or do.



I bought a couple of reels of silver twine which were new and sealed and priced up as £2.49 from WHSmith. I paid 20p each for them and will use them for tying up Christmas presents and gifts.


Well that's it for this weekend's bargains. We are away in Abersoch, North Wales next weekend so will miss the Cheshire carboot sale but we do have the little sale in Porthmadog to look forward to.



No comments: