Pages

Monday 17 April 2017

Easter Monday Carbooting

We went back to the Cheshire carboot sale early this morning for another dose of treasure hunting. We always smile at the randomness of the items we buy. David came home with a pair of fabulous D&G jeans for £2, a hands free telephone for 50p and a greenhouse paraffin heater for £4 along with loads of CDs.

I bought the following items:

Five Scentsy wax melt packs for just £1 each. I didn't realise they normally cost £5 - £6 each as I would have bought more but I had never heard of them before. I got some fabulous scents - Frosted Ginger Cookie, Flan, Everthing Nice, Perk Me Up and Verbena Leaf.




A black leather OSPREY handbag for £5 which is in good condition and will look great once it has had a good polish.



A new with tags cloth Radley bag for £2. This is quite cute with the heart shaped design made up of Scottie dogs on the front.


A Kate Spade gold toned bangle which is new and I think looks great. I'm not best ever with bracelets as I tend to break them and have even dropped a bracelet in the loo before now, but I can get away with a bangle as they are less likely to break. This cost £10 and was a little more than I would normally pay but I just loved it.



A chutney set in a lovely metal kitchen planter container. The set contains a large jar of sweet apple chutney (normally £2.80), a small jar of caramelised onion chutney and a small jar of tomato, garlic and ginger chutney (normally £1.95 each) They are all best before the end of January 2018. This was £3 so a good price.





On the food front I also bought two cartons of Jacobs Oddities for 50p each from a stall selling loads of food and toiletries. These are way off their best before date (18.11.17) and are great for taking on weekends away for nibbles with drinks in the evening.


Two magazines for £1 each. Again a little more than I would usually pay but they should have cost £9.99 and £4.30 each and are both March 2017 so I splashed out.


A Versace glasses case for £1 which I bought for a pair of Versace sunglasses that I already own that don't have a case.



A mixture of DVDs for between 3 for £1 and £1 each. More viewing to keep me out of mischief in the evenings.


Well that was it for the day. Not a huge haul but enough to make me happy and combined with my finds of yesterday I think I did well for the weekend. 

No comments: