Pages

Friday 7 April 2017

Lazy Days

A quick update on our lazy holiday. We have enjoyed doing as little as possible compared to our usually busy lives at home. We have spent days lazing by the pool on comfy sunbeds, reading, chatting, eating and drinking and a lot of time laughing. The laughter comes so easy when you are relaxed and happy in each other's company. It has been lovely to spend some time with my sister and niece. Here are the three of us enjoying the outdoor jacuzzi pool. I could not stop laughing after this photo was taken as we noticed my sister had her bikini bottoms on inside out. She is well known for having clothing on inside out or back to front. I've done similar myself and gone to work in a navy suit only to realise part way through the day that I'm wearing black trousers and a navy jacket. Occasionally colleagues at work have come in  wearing odd shoes. I love that none of us have been embarrassed about it but all laughed at ourselves.




The weather has remained warm and sunny with the occasional cloud bobbing along and blotting out the sun for just the odd moment or two. The sunny days have melted into beautiful sunsets across the bay and the evenings have remained warm. We have eaten Spanish, Indian, French and Italian food so far and not had a bad meal. Tonight we are visiting a Chinese restaurant that we visited last year and the meal was just delicious. There was so much food that I asked the waiter to carton up most of our main courses as we were fit to burst. My step brothers partner was fascinated that I did this as she said she did not have the confidence to ask to take away leftovers, but after I had done it I noticed her start to do it in a couple of restaurants afterwards. I reckon that I've paid for the food and they provide a takeaway service so why not?







We visited an American Hard Rock Cafe styled restaurant last night as the food is good and they have live music. Last Monday we saw a great rock band who did a brilliant two hour set and last night there were two bands on which were more MOR music but enjoyable.



We have spent another lazy day by the pool after a long walk around the resort yesterday. We visited the local market which was hot, dusty and very busy. We bought nothing as the prices were high in my opinion and we have a slightly warped view of costs. For example one stall was selling Adiddas Superstars at €30 a pair. They looked like fakes to me, but even if they had been originals I wouldn't have bothered as I bought a slightly used pair for just £2 at the Cheshire carboot sale.


Well we are nearly at the end of week one with another week to go and then the bank holiday weekend to return home to. More importantly two days of the Cheshire carboot sale to look forward to and the beginning of the carbooting season for us. The lure of the bargains is strong.



No comments: