Pages

Tuesday 28 March 2017

Marks & Sparks Clearance Blowout

I was one a course at Salford Quays on Thursday last week and as The Lowry shopping centre is just across the way and it was late night shopping I could just not resist a quick visit although I needed nothing. I am trying to curb some of my spending but I just cannot resist the lure of bargains and the M&S clearance section at the Lowry is unbeatable.

I had low expectations but ended up with a very full bag indeed. Here are my bargains....

Three 3 wick Christmas candles reduced from £15 each to £1.99 each. One is for me and the other two are for my sister and niece for next Christmas. There were also matching sets of hand wash and handcream in pump action bottles in a cute metal stand. These were £12.50 down to £1.99 each. I bought two of these as I don't need one myself. Last but not least I bought three matching fragrance diffusers reduced from £15 each to £2.49. I will use one myself and the other two will be bundled up with the other matching items as part of the Christmas gifts.




Two swimsuits at just £6 each. I bought the very same black panneled swimsuit off eBay last week for £19.50 so I was frankly horrified to see it for sale at £6. I will resell the one I bought on eBay for the same or slightly higher price to get my money back and keep my £6 one. This matches a floaty beach dress that I bought from this store late last year. I love a little bit of matching swimwear for holidays.



A slightly jazzy black & Ivory jumper which will look great with smart black trousers. This cost £6.


Marshmallow soft PJ bottoms and a PJ top. These were all £5 each and I love the soft dove grey of the long sleeved top. Even better are the sparkly pink PJ bottoms which I will wear with two cream tops that I have already and which are identical to the grey top.




I also bought some black lace trimmed loungewear pants for either wearing as PJ bottoms or just for lounging around the house. I'm at that age where you can't beat a comfy pair of pants for snuggling in when lounging at home. These also cost £5.


A pair of indigo sculpt & lift jeans for the bargain price of just £4. All the trousers and jeans were £4 for some reason even though these had a £6 price ticket on them. These are straight leg which is a change from the skinny ones I usually wear but I felt like I needed a change.


A kimono style jacket for my sister for her birthday. I have already given her a bag of birthday gifts to open before she goes away. I bought her some Guess sunglasses, and two sets of toiletry bag gifts. One was a Soap & Glory bag full of travel size products and the other was a Burts Bees facial set. I bought her some Burts Bees facial cream too and some yummy chocolates. It is her birthday while we are away on holiday and I did not want to be carrying all of this with me so I gave them to her early to open up beforehand and then she can decide whether to take them with her or not.


I have this kimono myself and love the floral design and that the material does not crease. I bought this on line in the sale but it was nowhere near as cheap as the £6 price tag on this one. I'll wrap this up and give it to her on her birthday. I'm taking my own kimono and David said we will look like the terrible twins if we both wear them. I think I agree!!

No comments: