Pages

Wednesday 25 February 2015

De-cluttering - Charity Bags

I often get charity bags through my letter box and have occasionally filled them, leaving them out to be collected by the charity workers. I am usually selective about which charity I give them to and make sure that they are genuine charities. 

I have decided that I really need to be ruthless with some items in our home and get rid of them to help me de-clutter and help the charities. There seems to be more and more collections of junk hanging around the house and usually on the kitchen table, bedside tables and in the spare bedroom. I have a fear of turning into one of those people who hordes so much stuff that they cannot move in their own homes and they end up living in one small space in the corner of a room. 

I have now set a goal of trying to find 5 items a week to give away to charity. This last two weeks I have found the following:

Week 1
  • Brown plastic sink drainer - never used it and don't think I will ever use it
  • Make-up bag which was a free gift with purchase from Boots No7
  • Metal tin which came filled with ginger creams from Thorntons
  • Two Breo watches which I bought for my nephew and niece but are too small


Week 2
  • Happy Birthday wrist band given to me by the staff at our hotel in New York
  • Small picture frame which came in a Christmas cracker
  • Black Nails Inc bag which had nail varnishes inside in a gift set
  • Two books - one hardback & one paperback & both read


I'll keep you posted on future items each week. I expect that some of you will have some clutter in your homes that charities will benefit from. Do you like the prettY tablecloth under the charity items? It was hand crocheted by my paternal grandma. I think it is just beautiful. I had to do a few repairs to get it back to like-new but am so pleased with the results. I just love it because she made it.

No comments: