Pages

Tuesday 3 March 2015

Mrs Danvers Week Nine of 2015

This last week has been so busy with long hours at work and a lot to do at home. This has made the week fly by and I feel like I have managed to achieve quite a few things so a fairly good week.

5 Items for Charity
This weeks 5 items are:
  • Two stoneware kitchen utensils holders
  • Keith Lemon hard-backed book
  • Two glass ramekins
  • One glass for mulled wine


I have just realised that is in fact 6 items so I have exceeded myself this week. The charity bag that came through the door this week (I seem to get one every week) is for breast cancer so everything has gone in this bag for collection on Tuesday.

I found two bunches of oriental lilies in Marks & Spencer at half price. One of my favourites are white lilies and one of the bunches was white while the other was pink. I decided to buy them both for putting in my large crystal vase in the living room. I have some twisted twigs that I put in the vase with the flowers and they always add height and texture. I love the combination. 



I bought the Dine in for £10 from Marks & Spencer this week and we ate most of it on Saturday night. I loved their ready to roast chickens in th offer and always have to go through all of them to make sure I have found the biggest. The largest one I found cost £7.42 so along with the Mediterranean roasted vegetables, Millionaire's shortbread dessert and a bottle of rosé I saved £10.22 on the deal at full price. Not bad for a little less than half price.





We cannot eat a whole chicken between us and the chicken ends up being 3 meals each for us. We ate the breasts on Saturday night with the thighs and legs saved for another meal and the carcass simmered for a stock for soup. A cooked carcass makes the best stock in the world as far as I am concerned.


I visited the Lowry shopping centre on Friday afternoon after a slightly early finish at work as I had been working 11 hour days earlier in the week. I like to visit the Clintons card shop to see the latest Yankee Candle scented candles and what offers they have. There was nothing to tempt me on the candle front but all the Valentine's Day Thorntons chocolates were 75% off. Bargains!!!

I bought two boxes of premium chocolates reduced from £6 to £1.50. These are best before August and are I just the most gorgeous of boxes. I also bought a heart shaped box of chocolate hearts for £1 reduced from £4 and two sets of "I 😍 YOU" chocolates reduced from £3.50 to 87p. I will give one of the large boxes to David for Easter and just suprise him with one of the other boxes every so often when there is the right moment.

Saturday morning had the sun shining through the clouds for a few moments off and on. It felt that there was some Spring in the air and so I spent about an hour in the garden planting up some primula that I had bought from Homebase when I had bought the paint for our bedroom. They had been half price at £3.50 and then an additional 15% off so Just under £3 for a pack of 6. I bought three packs for bringing some sunshine to the raised beds at the back of house. I filled some planters that I have too and was pleased to find four pots of tete a tete daffodils that were sprouting up from last year. These went into the largest planter with some of the primula. This really got me in the mood for getting the garden ready for the summer but I know that I will have to pace myself because I tend to do too much and I become exhausted.





No comments: