Pages

Saturday 14 February 2015

M&S Final Clearance

Happy Valentine's Day to you all.



I hope you have bought a "dine in for £20" deal at one of the supermarkets. I have bought two, one from Marks & Spencer and one from Waitrose. I saved £10 or so on each deal and we will be eating the M&S one today and saving the Waitrose one for later in the week.


I had to visit Nottingham for the day yesterday as part of my job and had decided some time ago that I was not going to drive but go by train. I live about half a mile away from the Manchester tram network so I took the tram into Manchester City centre to catch the train to Nottingham. On my return I thought I would call into Marks & Spencer before getting the tram back home. 

I am so glad that I called in as I got some great bargains as they had the final clearance rails in some sections.  I got a fabulous underwear set for £4 - £3 for the bra and £1 for the briefs but my favourites are the men's Christmas pyjamas reduced from £29.50 to £3 a set. I had looked at these back in January when I was looking for gifts in the sales to put away for next Christmas. At the time they were half price so around the £15 mark and I was too mean to pay that price. I found two sets left in the right sizes for the men in our family and at £5.99 thought this was a good price. It was not until I got to the till that I found they had been reduced even further to £3 a set. Woohoo!.




When David saw them he claimed a set for himself so I have one set left and think these will be put away for next Christmas and will make a great present for my brother in law. There is something delightful and child-like about having Christmas pyjamas. I have some really cute red ones with a white lace trim and wear these at Christmas time. Whenever I put them on it always brings a smile to David's face and he never fails to declare "here's Santa".



What bargains did you find this week? Click on the word "link" below and leave a comment as I would love to hear from you.

No comments: