Pages

Tuesday 10 February 2015

Me Time Treats

I have been having a few tough weeks at work since the Christmas and New Year break and have also been feeling a little under the weather. I realised that I had no me time in my busy schedule and all my efforts were being spent on my home, my family and work. It was time to spend some time on me and which one of us ladies feels so guilty when we do this?

So first of all I had my hair done and my colours done at my local salon on Saturday. I spent some time on Sunday going through my make-up to make sure it fitted in with my new colours and I also made an appointment to get my nails done at my nearest Nails Inc studio. I have been going to them for around 3 years now on a fairly regular basis and always get a 3 week manicure. The staff are just lovely and always look after me making sure that I get any offers and freebies that they have. I went for a muted Jermyn Street which is described as a perfect taupe.  It is the third colour from the left in the photo below. I buy the matching nail polish to the gel they use on my nails for the 3 week manicure. I then paint my own toe nails to match unless they have an offer on for a free or reduced price shape and polish for my toes in which case I have them done at the same time as my finger nails. 

Timeless Colours

The Nails Inc studio is in Selfridges in the Trafford Centre so I thought I would make use of my time there and get some other items that I wanted. My sister had sent me a link for a freebie at the L'Occitane shop, so I called in with my phone to show them the link and was given a gorgeous tin containing two cute sized tubes of hand cream. They are 20% Shea butter and are two different scents - Vanilla Bouquet and Delightful Rose. They are the perfect size for popping in your hand bag or taking away when I go on holiday. The link had come via Facebook if you liked the L'Occitane page. As well as getting these for free the assistant gave me four samples of repairing shampoo, divine face cream and precious eye balm all tucked up in a lovely paper bag with scented tissue. I love the fact that these were all free.




My next port of call was the Nars counter in Selfridges to buy two particular products. The first is the Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base which costs £19.50 (Ouch!) but which had been recommended in an article that I had found in the free Waitrose magazine. This can be used on the eye lids, under the eye for underneath eye liner and also on the eye brow for underneath an eye pencil. I have been using a cream eyeshadow base from Boots No7 for the last 3 years but found that my eyeshadow was still creasing by the end of the working day. This article written by Jo Fairley said that the Nars base was one of the best she had found so I thought I would have a change and give this a try.






The second item I bought was a blush in the naughty name of Orgasm. This shade matches my new make-up colours and again I had read that this is a cult classics colour which just about everyone can wear. It has a slight shimmer to it that made me wonder whether it was suitable for day wear but when the assistant put some on my cheeks it just gave them a light lift and glow. I was sold on it and bought it there and then. Another shock to my purse at £23 but as I scrimp so much on so many other things I thought it was time to treat myself to a few luxuries.





Well I think that is my blow out on myself for some time and back to being frugal but life sometimes life becomes dull when we cannot spend a little time and money on ourselves.

No comments: