Pages

Monday 23 February 2015

Supermarket Clearance & Reductions

Do you ever have a look at the clearance or reduction shelves of the dry goods at supermarkets?

I have a look at these on a regular basis and come home with a real mixture of oddities that I have found sometimes at silly prices. In the last week I have visited the Tesco store in Carnforth while we were away and one in Old Trafford on my way home from work. I also went to Marks & Spencer in Lancaster and finally Waitrose on Saturday morning to get a few staples such as bread and milk.

I found the following items on the clearance shelves:
  • The Valentine Day cushions reduced from £6 each to £1.50 which I have written about in another post here.

  • Magnifying glasses which I like to have around the house and in handbags for reading or close up work. These were just 70p so I bought 3 pairs and now have a pair in the kitchen for reading cookery books and cooking instructions; a pair in the bathroom for plucking my eyebrows and checking my make-up is where it should be on my face! and finally a pair in my work handbag as I forgot my glasses once and had to come home as I could not work as I simply could not see to read or use the computer.





  • Olay eye cream with concealer reduced from £7.49 to £1.12. This eye cream helps reduce the appearance of lines and hides dark circles. Any eye cream that does that cannot be a bad thing as I have both in abundance.
 

  • Pack of four 3 blade Bic disposable razors which are great for David to pop in his weekend away/holiday toiletries bag. These were 55p reduced from £1.10
  • White Flower scented tealights in boxes of 16 for 75p. There were four boxes of these so I bought them all. They have a beautiful soft floral scent and will be great for using in my lounge in the evenings. I have no idea how much these were reduced from but I am guessing the £3 mark judging by prices on-line for similar candles.



  • Twinings tea bags which were in boxes of 160 and were reduced from £5.99 to £2.99 a box. These are best before December 2016 so I do not know why they were reduced. I even checked the normal shelves and found the same boxes there at £5.99 so was puzzled as to why they were half price. There were two boxes so I bought them both. 





You will be suprised when you have a look at the shelves tucked away in the back of the supermarkets at the reductions you can find.



No comments: