Pages

Sunday 8 February 2015

Colour me Beautiful - Make Up

I have always wanted to have my "colours" done and when I recently changed hairdressers I noticed that they provided this service at the salon. David who works at the salon is a  Colour me Beautiful  consultant. I booked an appointment straight away and yesterday I spent some time at the salon having my colours done and as a result having my hair colour changed. More on this in another posting. 

I have found out that I am a "Soft" with some "Cool" and "Light". I also suit silver, platinum and white gold rather than yellow gold. I sat down in front of a mirror and David placed a large white sheet around my shoulders under my chin and covering my front and so covering up my clothes. Different coloured fabrics were then placed under my chin and covering my chest so that I could see in the mirror how the different colours either made my skin and eyes look fresh or drained the colour from them. After starting with the silver and gold cloths we moved onto various other colours to establish my predominant colouring. 

This turned out to be "Soft" so there are lots of  muted shades of camels, taupes and chocolates. There are also sage greens, periwinkle blues and purples. There are no oranges or yellows or hot colours. The "soft and cool" colours include lavender, soft fuchsia and rose, and the "light and cool" colours include bluebell, powder pink and icy grey.





As part of the session I had my make-up reviewed and was given a colour palette to use when buying my make-up showing which are the best colours for my skin tone, eyes and lips. Before going out to buy a whole new vanity case of make-up I decided I would have a look at what I was already using and what I had stored away.

I think I have done a good job in matching up what I was already using and what I had to hand. So here are the results and please let me know what you think.

I started off with the "Soft" colours and then also looked at the "Soft and Cool" colours to try to get as many near matches as possible. What I found quite interesting was that many of the eye shadow colours I was already wearing. I was not quite as good with lip colours and had to visit my stocks to see what matches I could find. All the make-up matches are from Boots No7





Colour Me Beautiful                      Boots No7

Eyes
Fawn                                                 Truffle
Cocoa                                                Wheat sheaf
Peach                                                 Sorbet Shine
Dusk                                                  Mink or un-named (free gift)
Melon                                                Starry Lights or True Gold
Pewter                                               Un-named (free gift)









Lips
Soft Mauve                                      Pink Crush
Pink Shell                                        Lovely or Glaze
Silk                                                  Plum Beautiful
Breeze                                              Smile







Blush
Sienna                                            Honey



The only colours that I lacked were blues and greens for my eyes. I haven't got any of these colours as they have never appealed to me. I think it reminds me of my early teenage years in the late 1970s when everyone seemed to wear these colours so I thought they were old fashioned. I may visit a No7 counter and have a look at what colours are available that are subtle rather than the gawdy colours I remember. I have a fear of looking like a pantomime dame if I use them.

It is suggested I use a coffee coloured eye pencil and I already have a chocolate eyeliner. I use a  LancĂ´me waterproof one to stop the panda eye look by the end of the day. It is expensive but lasts a long time so works out a good price per wear. I use a black mascara to give my lashes some definition. I have tried other colours but they do not suit me aswell as a black one.

I will post details of my changing wardrobe in the next week so you can see how I have taken on board the colour rules and picked out what clothes I have already that match.

No comments: