Pages

Tuesday 5 August 2014

Girls Bargains Galore

I have posted the last two weekend's finds from our car boot sales but I have so many other bargains that we have bought at car boot sales from earlier in the year that I thought it might be an idea to post some details about them too. We have so many of them that I am showing you some of my finds for the girls today.

David and I have a moto "why would you pay full price?" and this just about accounts for everything that we can find to pay a reduced price for. Since I resurrected this blog just a short while ago I am bursting to tell you about all the ways that we enjoy a full and varied social life at a reduced cost or pratically for free, along with all the other things that we buy at a reduced price.

We both used to go shopping at the weekend at high end or high street stores and pay good money for things that we needed (or just wanted?) and which could cost a fortune in comparison to the prices that we pay for items these days. When we do pay full price it is starting to be a rare occurrence and usually a great shock to the system as to how expensive it is.

Well here are some photographs of items that we have previously bought at car boot sales and which have been bought at what we consider to be low prices. Sometimes the items are new and unwanted gifts and sometimes they are second hand. In our younger days we wanted new and fashionable items and so had a dislike for items than someone else has used and which were second hand, but we came to realise that this was just poor thinking on our part. It is just throwing our hard earned money down the the drain.

So previous bargains galore which I have bought for myself.

I love scarves as a way of brightening up a plain dress, top or coat. These two were bought on the same day at our favourite car boot sale. The floral patterned one is from Miss Selfridge and was brand new complete with the original price tag of £15. I paid £3 for this. The second one is like a tube and can be worn long and loose fitting or doubled up around the neck. This is great for under a coat or jacket and was 50p. The lady who was selling this also sold me the pair of cute black slippers from Next for £1 (new), a Boots No7 gift bag complete with contents for 50p and then gave me a free  Nails inc nail varnish.



I found two small bags from Bloomingdales and one from Macey's which are just a great size for taking my lunch to work in. These were bought at different times and each cost 50p, the little black one from Bloomingdales still has the price ticket on it and none have been used.



I love Lily Flame candles which are £8.50 each for the small tins.  I bought two at different times, Chocolate Truffle and Cranberry Crush and both were 50p each. The scent from them is really strong and they look really cute on the our lounge window ledge. I have a particular spot where I always burn a candle and I vary the set-up each time the candle has finished and I need to start with a new one. Sometimes it is one of these Lily Flame candles, sometimes a small plate candle-holder or a storm lantern holding a church candle. I usually go for a scented one to bring some scent to the room.


I will show you more finds over the coming weeks and hope it inspires you to visit a carboot sale or charity shop to see what treasures you can find. Tell me about them as I love to hear other's stories of the bargains found.




No comments: