Pages

Thursday 7 August 2014

A couple of reductions & free magazines

I called into Tesco on the way home from work yesterday as I needed to buy some milk. I used to buy fresh milk but found that I was often throwing some away as I could not gauge how much we would use in a week. I buy Cravendale filtered milk now which tastes just like fresh milk but lasts so much longer, even when it has been opened. I never throw milk away now.

Of course I went straight to the reduction counters. They have 5 of them in the store I visited. One for meat, fruit & vegetables, fresh produce, bread and finally dry & tinned food. I bought 3 Sicilian Lemon Tarts as they had been reduced from £4 each to £1.28 each. I put these straight into the freezer to be used on some of the weekend breaks we have planned for this autumn. There are usually 6 of us on the weekend breaks so 1 tart would go nowhere to feeding us all so I will probably take 2 or all of them on one break. I also bought a delicious pizza which had been reduced from £4 to £1 which I had for my evening meal.






I sometimes get emails or links on Facebook to apply for a free magazine. I used ignore these as I thought there was a catch and I would end up paying money out through a direct debit if I forgot to cancel it etc. etc. However I recently thought I would give these offers another try and found that they were genuine free magazines as a taster to see if I liked them. On Saturday and Monday this week I received two magazines worth £8.89. I got House & Garden £3.99 which was a really good read and The World of Interiors £4.90 which I felt was more of a coffee table magazine. There were no catches and I was delighted to get two suprise gifts in the post.





No comments: