Pages

Sunday 31 August 2014

Another Car Boot Sale Success

Well I cam back from my holidays on Friday afternoon and could not wait to go to the Cheshire car boot sale today. I checked the weather forecast yesterday and was grateful that it was fine weather.

I have come back today with a lot of girly purchases and am delighted with my bargains. The first things I bought were a selection of Yankee Candle items. I love their tea lights and bought 3 boxes of them off a trader who has a stall every week. They rarely have tea lights as they normally have the jar candles and votives. This week they had just these 3 boxes so I bought them all at £3 a box. They normally cost around £6 so I got them for around half price. They are Fluffy Towels, Honey Blossom and Black Coconut. I then found a stall where a lady was selling lots of new items that were unwanted gifts and bought the reed diffuser in Fresh Cut Roses for £1.50. These normally cost around £10 so a bargain in my eyes.



On the candle front I also bought a lovely Biba candle in a classy black glass holder for just 50p    (retails for approx £20) and a Price's Vanilla candle set containing a candle in printed holder, set of 6 tea lights and candle in glass jar for £1. The tea lights alone cost £3.50 so I got a good deal on both of these buys.



I bought a selection of toiletries which included the L'Occitane gift set for £1. This contains a 75ml shower gel, 30ml hand cream and 50g soap in a lovely floral scent called Fleurs Merveilleuses. These sets cost around £20. I also found a bottle of  Liz Earle Energizing Body Wash for £1 and this retails for £12 plus a Sanctuary Mini Must Haves gift set for £1.50 which would cost about £8. This had a 75ml body wash, 75ml bath soak, 75ml body lotion and body polisher contained in the set. Finally I bought a cute little metal suitcase containing a selection of Burt's Bees mini items for £2. A couple of items had been taken out of the set but there was still a lip balm, body wash, shampoo, shower gel and facial scrub.




I bought a couple of gifts for family. Bagpuss was a favourite children's programme for myself and my sister when we were little and I found a new toy complete with tag for 50p. It is a reasonable sized toy and is just a little stocking filler for my sister. I also bought a set of 2 pairs of soft lounge socks for her from the same lady for 50p. I found a large soft grey scarf (£16.99 price tag attached) with zebras printed on it for £2 for my niece. The couple selling this also had a huge 8 candle chandelier which my partner, David bought for £20. The lady selling it said she had originally paid £400 for this and you can tell that it is real quality and worth a lot more than £20.



Other gifts I bought include a soft extra-fine lambs wool top for my dad for £2. This is from Marks & Spencer and is currently retailing at £29.50. This is brand new and unworn and he loves these sleeveless jumpers for wearing over a shirt when he plays golf. Two little stocking filler gifts for my niece are the two face cloths rolled into a Swiss roll for £1 and a mini tote with a cat face on it for £1. Both of these are new with their labels attached and are great for extra gifts to open.



I love Christmas pottery and found this Christmas tree shaped dish for holding nuts or sweets for only 50p. I bought 3 magazines which are Elle July 2014, Red August 2014 and London July 2014 for 50p each.


Finally I came home with far too many DVDs but I could not resist them when they are 3 for £1. Some of them had several discs inside them so I got 5 films for £1 in some cases. They include Sherlock series 2, Creature Comforts series 1, the Blues Brothers and Blues Brothers 2000. Some were in their wrappers and unopened.


So a good day for me and I spent around £30 which I think is a bargain compared to what I would have paid if I had the items from a shop. I can't wait for next weekend as we have two car boots to go to; the Cheshire one and one held by the Scouts on the nearby village common.

No comments: