Pages

Monday 1 August 2016

Another Girly Carboot Sale

There were problems Sunday morning at the Cheshire carboot sale. I won't bore you with all the details but basically there seems to have been a family rift and instead of one carboot sale there were two. Confusing for both buyers and sellers but more irritating was having to pay two lots of entrance costs instead of one. It cost us £5 instead of £3. The one good thing was that my sister had come with us so the costs were split between 3 of us instead of 2.

Well it was another girly carboot sale for me with lots of toiletries and cosmetics. Bliss! It may take a while to mention everything I have bought.

After buying the nail lamp last week I spent a bit of time this week researching what nail varnishes to buy on line. I didn't buy anything as I felt fairly sure that I would be able to find something at the carboot sale this week and sure enough I spotted one lovely lady selling CND shellac polishes including base coats and top coats at £5 a bottle. Cheaper than eBay and I did a deal with her by buying a base and top coat and four polishes. I can't wait to do my own nails at a fraction of the price I have been paying. I never feel "polished" without nail varnish on fingers and toes.




I bought a large box of 8 full size Boots No7 products for just £10....£10 for over £100 worth of products. The Advanced day cream and night cream are £24.95 each at the moment. The cleanser is £9.50. The handcream £10.50. The dry skin rescue £13.50. The bath milk £10.50. The body wash £9. The body milk £11.50.






I found this great set of Umberto Giannini hair products in a lovely glossy black toiletry bag. This cost £4. It has a full size hairspray £3, a protein spay approx £6 and a travel size gloss spray £?.



One lady was practically giving away her toiletries. I bought two large travel size tubes of Armani Code body lotion for 50p each. She also had two Clarins toiletry bags full of Clarins products at £1.50 each. One is full of various sized tubes of the fabulous Beauty Flash Balm. The other has a medium sized bottle of the divine Eau Dynamistane plus two lipsticks, one of which is a favourite of mine for wearing on holiday and I had just finished a tube of it. Serendipity! The stick lipstick is sample size but a very wearable colour.







I bought four Soap & Glory travel sized products for £1 for all of them. These are a great size for weekends away. Am I the only person who always has a toiletry bag packed for holidays and weekends away? Whenever we are going away for the weekend I just pluck it from a cupboard in our bedroom and put it in my weekend bag knowing that everything I will need is in it.


I bought a couple of 50p items from one lady. A small bottle J'adore perfume and a Sisley face mask. Not bad for £1 for the two.


I found this beautifully soft 100% cashmere pashmina with fake fur trim from a sweet old lady who was selling items for charity. This cost £8 and will look great over a jacket, coat or jumper in the autumn or winter. I love that it has the fake fur trim and it should give a touch of luxury to an outfit.



One girl had some great items. My sister bought an iPod from her for £10 and I bought these Beats by dr dre headphones from her for £10. They are Lady Gaga ones. They came with the box, all leaflets, carry case and a load of spare earplugs. I think these will look a bit fun when listening to music on my iPhone.





David pursuaded me to buy this Dinky Calvin Klein handbag for £2. It is a small size and great for using on an evening out.



I love this Vera Wang statement necklace that I bought for £5. It is a decent length and sits nicely mid cleavage rather than too high around the neck. A lot of necklaces that I look at are too short in length so I was pleased to find this one. It is the kind of necklace that will go with anything because it is clear. My sister said it looked like ice. I liked that.


I bought my usual selection of DVDs including the full boxed set of the series Monk. David and I loved watching this as we both have differing minor levels of OCD so we can really relate to his angst. On this note, when we were on holiday I kept changing the way toilet rolls had been placed in their holders in various bars and restaurants because they had been put on the wrong way round (I can't help myself - I have to do it)

I got some other bits and pieces such as a Kipling bag monkey charm for 50p. I bought a Kipling bag earlier this year from a charity shop in Carnforth and it was missing its monkey charm so I was happy to find one in the right colour to match.




No comments: