Pages

Sunday 14 August 2016

Carbooting Again

We can't resist carbooting ever Sunday in the summer. I always wonder what I will find and I never go looking for anything in particular. I love the randomness of the sale.

Today I came back with an astonishingly comfortable pair of shoes which will be great for work. They are black patent leather with a little gold buckle detail and have not been worn. They are Cushion walk plus shoes and I was pleased with the £2 price tag. I also bought a pair of dark grey Puma trainers for £2. I have grown a fondness for trainers over the last couple of years and have a few pairs now. All second hand and bought from carboot sales. These need a bit of a clean up but will be like new once I have given them some TLC. 






I bought two tea towels a couple of weeks ago from a lady who used to have a stall on the country fairs but was wrapping up her business. They were summery with beach huts printed on them. This week she had winter and Christmas season items for sale and I could not resist these robin & snowflake printed tea towels from her at just 50p each. They are a fabulous thick cotton. I bought four at this price.



I found another Boots No7 gift set which is the same as the one I bought two weeks ago. I paid just £5 for the set. This is a bargain price as the cleanser is normally £9.50, the bath milk £10.50, the body wash £9 and the body milk £11.50. The box it came in has seen better days and will be thrown away.



I bought 17 magazines for just 50p for all of them. I bought the Golf Monthly ones for my Dad as he still plays golf every week which he has done for as far back as I can remember. Not bad for a 79 year old. There are also 2 other ones which I was not that fussed about but I'll have a flick through them. They are Your Horse and ideal Home from December 2011.



I bought two Yankee Candle medium jars in Christmas Garland for just £10 for the two. One is missing its label and lid but as I use Yankee Candle jars all the time I have spare lids so no problems. These are currently selling at £18.99 each so at £6 for the complete one and £4 for the lidless one I am happy.



I got my usual little bits and bobs. An authentic Chanel glasses case for 50p (I love the quilted look on it) and a brand new full size Cath Kidston Blossom handcream for 50p and a very stylish black rubber case for my iPhone 6s at £1. It is just perfect for my phone.






I bought a lot of DVDs from one lovely man who had them all priced at 50p and as I got chatting to him about some of his films he had for sale he dropped the price to 3 for a £1 for me. I bought all the Absolutely Fabulous boxed sets from him and a couple of Ab Fab films plus one of David's favourite - The African Queen. Can you believe the boxed sets had been £15.99 when new and I was paying 33p? I also bought a CD for myself for £1 from him. I love a Christmas album and one done by the vintage girls, the Pupini Sisters can only add to my joy.



From another lady I bought three DVDs at 50p each including a Roy Orbison one for my Dad and an unopened copy of Sing a Long Frozen for £1. I know I am in my (very early) fifties but who can resist a little bit of Disney no matter what age you are?


David found one of his favourite items which is a vintage Globetrotter suitcase in grey, so he is like a dog with two tails.

Well I am now about to start more eBay listing for the rest of the day. The two piles of clothes in my bedroom are starting to reduce in size but I still think it will take me until the end of the year to demolish them completely.

How has your carbooting gone?


No comments: