Pages

Sunday 28 August 2016

More Carbooty Finds

I am feeling a little guilty for neglecting you all as I have not posted for a while. I hope you can forgive me?

So we visited the Cheshire carboot sale which is now reducing in size as we come towards the end of the summer. It was warm today but there was plenty of cloud with that slight threat of rain. This seemed to keep the sellers away but the forcast for tomorrow is good so we have high hopes  for a bigger carboot sale tomorrow.

I bought a few things today - a real mixed bag. So here's what I got:

Cath Kidston Country Rose hand bag which is like new. It still has the silica gel packs inside. I love that it is in shades of beige and red with that faded print feel about it. This cost me £9 which is good considering they cost around £40 - £50 new.



I also bought this Marc Jacobs tote for just £1. I use these as gift bags god my sister and niece and they are the same cost as a gift bag from somewhere like Clintons.


I have a vintage Kenwood Chef and have done well to have found boxed attachments in the past. I bought this haul here on the Cheshire carboot sale earlier this year.



I was pleased to find a slicer and shredder attachment complete with box for just £2. I think I have the full set of attachments now. I had a look on ebay and this attachment is on sale at between £20 -£30 so I think this is the Best Buy of the day.

I bought two Le Crueset oven mitts at £2 each in coastal blue. I thought they came as a pair and paid £4 - the seller said they were a pair too but on looking on line, they are for sale individually at £20 each.


I bought this great Sanctuary gift set which is in quite a sturdy set of drawers. I think I will use this a jewellery case in my bedroom cupboard. It will be great for storing all my bits and bobs. It was full of toiletries and missing just two bottles. I don't care because the lady selling it only wanted £2. It has bath soak, body scrub perfume etc inside it. Brilliant!





I also bought this Cath Kidston soap from her 50p.



I also bought these 3 Disney mugs from her at 50p each. They are unused and so "as new". There are two Christmas ones - Eeyore and Tigger - and a standard Winnie the Pooh one. We have two mugs in the same style and size at the moment and love them for a big mug of tea in the morning.




I got this new Christmas votive set from the linea range at House of Fraser for £2. The scents are Mulled Berries, Winter Spice and Enchanted Forest. It is sealed up and new.


From the same girl I bought this brand new and sealed set of nails inc bling it on rocks nail glitter kit. I remember when these first came out and they cost £20 new. I paid £3 for this set. I will give this to my niece as a gift.


I got a tube of Bach Rescue Remedy cream for 50p. We use Bach remedies in our family and it is good to have a cream instead of the liquid drops. This will be good for taking away on hot sunny holidays for relieving burnt skin or insect bites.


I loved this blown glass heart, and at £1 I thought it would look good on our Christmas tree or hung on a wardrobe handle or door handle in one of our bedrooms. It is so pretty.


Finally I got two DVDs at 50p each. One of them is a boxed set with 3 films in it.


Well I'll see what we can find tomorrow. As David said on the way home today - why would you go to shops to buy things when you can get them so much cheaper in a field?

No comments: