Pages

Wednesday 31 August 2016

Two Small Carbooties

i was so busy the other weekend that I did not have the time (or inclination?) to organise this post. Now that I am little more organised I've found the time and here it is......

The Cheshire carboot sale had moved to the smaller field and was very small the other week. They still charged the cheeky price of £3 to park your car though - a little bit naughty I think.

I bought a pair of 'as new' prescription PRADA glasses for their frames. They came complete with case, cleaning cloth, box and certificate of authenticity. I need to get my eyes tested again as it has been a couple of years since they were last done and I thought I would use these frames with my new prescription lenses.




I bought a Lanson ice bucket for just £1. I love that it is black in colour rather the usual metal ones that you find. I will keep this one and sell the two metal ones that I already have. One is a Moët & Chandon one and the other a Mumm one. They have been sitting in the garage for the last couple of years so time for them to be sold on eBay. I'm still clearing out my clutter and I think I will be doing this for some considerable time.


I bought a few DVDs for 50p each to keep me out of mischief.

We moved on to the Farmers Market which is just up the road as there had been slim pickings at the  carboot sale and we were done in a little over an hour. I faired better at the carboot area of the Farmers Market.

I bought a few things from one lady as I liked her fresh, clean and nearly new items. I bought this gorgeous butter soft leather bag that had originally come from Marks & Spencers. It was just £2. The colour is called Alabaster and is the kind of colour that goes with everything.




I bought these two square scarves with skull motif. I know that the design is alittle young for me but I love the pattern and the black one has skulls in the same alabaster colour as the bag and I thought I would use them/ wear them at the same time. These were just 50p each.


I bought a bottle of new Bellini scented body lotion from her for £1. It is a pump action bottle and I love putting on body lotion just before I go to bed. It always smells lovely and makes my skin feel soft the next morning.

My final purchase was a Dolce Gusto coffee machine from her for £8. She asked for £10 but I knocked her down a couple of £ on the basis that I had bought a few items from her. It is plain black and white and I like the simplicity of it. She had no instructions but demonstrated what I needed to do.

I couldn't wait to get the coffee pods to try it out. I know it is an expensive novelty but I am a real sucker for a fad and we both love our coffees. I bought cappuccino pods, latte macchiato and cafe au lait pods. Our favourite so far is the a letter macchiato. I have some Baileys glass cups that I bought at a carboot sale that are just the right size and shape to use with the pods. It is an almost daily treat now but the cost is pricey per drink compared to a jar of instant or even the cappuccino powder packs.

No comments: