Pages

Wednesday 17 August 2016

Clothes Splurge

It is that time again when the end of the summer sales start and I can stock up on items - some for the next summer and some for wearing any time of  the year.

Marks & Spencer Plus Size range  does the job for me. Even better is that M&S emailed me two days before the sale started today and gave me a sale preview with 50% off all sale items. This was supposedly because I have a set amount of points on my sparks card. Not sure whether this is correct or not but I am delighted with all my purchases bar one item which will be going back.

So what did I buy?

Gorgeous kimono style jacket which will look great over skinny jeans (or not so skinny in my case !) This is dressy enough to wear in the evening over a navy dress or trousers & top too. Just love it.


Floaty very dark navy top. The colour is so dark I have seen similar coloured clothes sold elsewhere be called "midnight". This fits beautifully and again will look great casual with jeans or with linen trousers. I so love this top too.


Tankini top and boy short bottoms. The tankini top has sold out already. This will make a change from a full piece swimsuit. The fit is great.



A 3/4 sleeve grey t shirt top with fake shirt detailing at the hem. This is also a great fit and I think this will be taken on my recently booked 10 night trip to New York  which will be this December. This is the kind of top that looks good with trousers and jeans and when worn with a long pendant necklace or scarf. The fake shirt section was a little creased when I took it out of its packaging so I'm hoping the creases will fall out with hanging.


Two grey fleck t shirts - just great for under a suit for work, with jeans or shorts or linen trousers in the summer. I buy quite a lot of t shirts like this in different colours for just general wear. They usually only last so long before they need replacing but at £6.25 each I'm not too bothered at this price.


I feel the need for a couple of plain shift style dresses to see me through the winter. I would like a dark navy one and a black one. I struggle to find dresses in this style in my size which are made from forgiving fabric. I'll keep my open and see what I can find.

So what is going back?

This kaftan style top. I have a dress in the same pattern and loved it for on my recent Kalkan holiday. This was the deciding factor for buying this top. When I tried it on I didn't like the fit or style on me. A fail that will be posted back tomorrow.


No comments: