Pages

Sunday 31 July 2016

Girly Carboot Sale

We finally got back from our holiday after some delays and sank into bed at 3.45am Sunday morning. Both of us had managed to sleep most of the 4 hour flight. The only sound that woke me was the air steward saying "duty free". Now why would my ears prick up for that? We were up at 6.35am because there was the Cheshire carboot sale to go to. Is that committed to carboot sales or what?

David bought practically nothing but I came back with a tonne of girly items - pink seems to feature a lot. Some for me and some for the women in my life. So I bought this lovely candy floss pink leather weekend bag from Marks & Spencer for just £3. I looked at these when they first came out and coveted one but would not pay the £85 price tag but £3 is pretty good. It is missing the shoulder strap but I never use them anyway so no loss. It still has its padlock and key and leather cleaning instructions inside.


I bought a lovely king sized bedspread in dusky pink from John Lewis for £4. The lady I bought this from was really lovely and had some very tasteful items for sale. The bedspread is immaculate and lovely quality. I also bought this heavy weight necklace from her for £1 and 9 magazines - Cheshire Life, Red, The Lady etc. For 20p each. They are all 2016 and 2015.


 



I bought another Dualit 4 slot toaster from one couple as we love these toasters. They are such quality and toast bread quicker than any other toaster I have used. I have one already in our kitchen but David wanted one for putting on a tray for using in the dining room. He wants us to have a sit down breakfast together in the dining room now that he has retired. Such a lovely idea really.

From the same couple I bought these new Marks & Soencer Autograph earings. They have a £12.50 price tag on them and are made with Swarovski elements. I like that they are a simple design. I paid £37 for the toaster and earings.



I bought two toiletry gift sets for my niece and nephew. For my niece there is this Lush boxed set which contains 6 full sized items and it cost me £7. I tried to knock the lady down in price but she would not sell for less. I looked up the prices when I got home and found £7 to be more than reasonable. I bought this Soap & Glory mens gift set for just £2. It has two full sized products inside - a shower gel and body spray. I will put these away for birthdays and Christmas gifts.





After buying the Thomas Sabo silver charms a couple of weeks ago I have hankered for a bracelet to put them on. I found a lady selling a new and unused pink quartz bracelet for just £5. It came with its box, bag and gift receipt so clearly an unwanted gift. I think it will look great with my handbag and shoe charms attached to it. From the same lady I bought this travel sized Soap & Glory lime body butter for just 20p.




I normally get my nails done at Nails Inc in Selfridges and I have their two week gel manicure. A couple of the ladies at work have bought their own uv lamps and gel polish to do their own nails and I have considered doing this myself. So when I saw this lamp for just £3 I snapped it up. The bulbs all work and it is in very good hardly used condition so I just need to buy some clear top coat gel and I will be good to go with my own varnishes.


I always hanker for a black Longchamp bag when I am in Turkey and the copies are cheap to buy at around £11 each but I never buy one for whatever reason. However when I saw this one at just £1 I had to buy it. I bought it from the same lady that I bought the bedspread from.




My hair has become terribly dry and frizzy during our holiday. The sun and humidity has not been kind to it and I wanted some kind of conditioning mask to try to restore it. I found a Charles Worthington hair repair kit which is new and unused for just £1. The box it comes in is a little crumpled but no worries.

I got my usual selection of DVDs some are boxed sets for 50p to £1. I have started to sell some of my boxed sets on eBay so that we do t get overwhelmed with too many in the house but I can't resist buying more.




No comments: