Pages

Monday 29 August 2016

Bank Holiday Carbooty

We were back at the Cheshire carboot sale again today and it was much bigger with a great atmosphere.

Here is a list of the items I bought:

Two White Company lamp shades for £2 each. We have black lampshades on our bedside cabinets lights but have been thinking of changing to something lighter. I love the White Company and have bedding and throws from them so I think these lampshades will be just perfect.


Authentic Gucci sunglasses complete with case for £5. I love the slim style of these and you can never have enough designer sunglasses can you? Well I don't think so and so I ended up buying another pair of sunglasses but this time they are Moschino ones again complete with case.



These cost just £3 and are a more rounded style. I think I like the Gucci ones the most but both are great for the price.



I have a fabulous Chanel bronzer which is now discontinued and extortionate to buy on eBay. I always take this on holiday with me and as it is coming to the end of its life I was pleased to find this Clarins duo bronzer for £5. These cost £29 from Boots so I was pleased with the £5 price tag.



I found this cute Soap & Glory set for £1 and this is still sealed. It has two travel sized items inside - not bad for 50p an item.



I bought a spare set of standard ghd straighteners for just £10 from a lovely lady who had just the most divine items for sale on her stall. Her husband said they owned a perfumery in the nearby town which explained all the lovely perfumes and cosmetics they were selling. I had to force myself to not go mad buying lots of things that I wanted but did not need.



I bought another Cath Kidston bag for just £1. This is the book bag in the range and is a handy size for bits and bobs when out shopping. It needs a hand wash to make the handles a little cleaner as they have some slight grubbiness to them but at £1 when they normally cost £18, I think this is no problem.



I bought two scarves for myself for just 50p each. The blue & grey striped scarf is a Marks Spencer one and I have one of these already in a different colourway and I love it. The other is 100% linen and I love the crinkly finish to it. This is new with the tag still attached.



Ten 'no slip' coated coat hangers in pink & mauve for £1 for all of them.


Finally I went a little mad on DVDs but they were just 20p each. Two of them are boxed sets and series 2 & 3 of The 4400. I bought series 1 a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed watching it so am pleased I found more of the set.


I also bought three shirts/tops for my dad. Two at 50p each and one at £1. They are Lands End, Marks & Spencer and a golf wear brand called Backswing. He gets a little spoilt by me and my sister keep buying him clothes but at these prices we can't complain. He visited me on Saturday in a gorgeous striped shirt which is a Tomy Hilfiger one which I bought for him for £1 a year ago.


David bought a new Hugo Boss tie for 20p, loads of CDs at 25p and a set of BT cordless phones for around the house for £6. Why would you go to a shop when you can pay these prices.

How did you do at you carboot sales?

No comments: