Pages

Sunday 6 March 2016

Mini M&S Haul

I was on a course on Thursday which involved travelling across Salford Quays to get to the training venue. On my journey back I realised that it was late night opening at the Marks & Spencer outlet at the Lowry shopping centre. I called in as I was driving past and had a look at what was available in their clearance section.

I managed to find some sets of 3 tea towels reduced from £9.50 to £1.99 per set so I bought three sets as my current tea towels are starting to look shabby and some are almost threadbare. I like the simple blue and white colours of these and at less than 70p each are cheaper than charity shop buys.






I also bought four pairs of these rosy red bed socks. I love M&S fluffy socks for wearing around the house with slippers when the house is a little chilly in the mornings. I bought a pair each for my sister and niece and two pairs for myself. These had been reduced from £5 a pair to 99p.


All the greeting cards are half price in the outlet store and as it is my dads birthday in a couple of weeks time I bought this lovely card for him.



The Easter eggs were BOGOF and I fell in love with this cute Hello Kitty egg for my niece. She is 19 years old but still has an inner child and know she will love this. I bought the rabbit one for my nephew who is 17 and will just love the milk chocolate this is made from.





I saw some lovely Per Una white linen trousers at the bargain price of £3 so bought them. I could not be bothered to try them on so just took a chance they would fit as they are my usual size. After trying them on at home I was disappointed to find they are too tight and as I am unable to return clearance items they will be given to my sister as part of her birthday present.

I had wanted some new bras but was unable to find one in my size in the whole store. I can usually find a few and generally in the clearance section so end up paying around £3 but this time I had no luck what so ever. I also needed some new slippers but again having size 8 feet causes problems on the availability front so there were none in my size at all. This is one of the issues when you are looking for bargains - there are usually plenty of items but not always in your size. It is just the luck of the draw so I hope for better luck next time.

No comments: