Pages

Friday 11 March 2016

The Postman Always Rings Twice

I've had a lovely Friday......

I worked from home so no sitting in horrid traffic for 3 hours for my commute. I had no irate phone calls or emails that drained the life out of me. Not only that but the postman rang twice with goodies that I had ordered.

First call was the delivery of our two Graze.com boxes. I had chosen for myself and David and so some of the items are similar but in one box there was 3 honeycomb flapjack slices, a savoury herby bread basket, hot cross yum which was orange raisins, sponge discs and cinnamon honey almonds and finally marvellous macaron which was white chocolate, amaretti drops, almonds and coconut.




My box contained the same honeycomb flap jacket slices, marvellous macaron but also a rough blend peanut butter dip with pretzel sticks and dark chocolate cherry tart which was dark chocolate, juicy cherries, cranberries and raisins.




In each box there was also two cards for friends with a £5 off voucher in each card and vouchers for £1 off the next box, and 1st, 5th and 10th boxes free. David came home from work looked at both boxes and announced "rabbit food" with a sniff. All mine then - whoppee!,


My second delivery made me smile no end. I signed up to the Martin Lewis website some time ago. You can find it Here. I get an email every month with financial advice and voucher codes. This Tuesday the email had a 15% off code for a company called Shoetique who had some shoes on offer at half price and I was able to combine both offers. I treated myself to two pairs of Fitflops for my forthcoming holiday to Tenerife. There was free delivery and as I ordered them on Tuesday evening and they arrived this morning I think that is pretty good delivery.




My favourite ones are these black and gold ones which are very elegant for Fitflops. I will be wearing these in the evening with some of my maxi dresses and a small clutch bag. These full price were £90 but I paid £45 less 15%.





The other pair are more chunky but I love the white leather toe post style for wearing during the day. These will look great with just about anything from sightseeing to by the pool. This pair should have cost £60 full price but were £30 less than 15% so both pairs came to £63.75 instead of £150. I know this is a splurge but I felt I really needed to treat myself after the last few weeks of hard slog at work and what girl can resist shoes?




If you have never worn Fitflops before then they are an experience to start with. I struggled my first time wearing them on holiday last year. I felt I was wobbling all over the show but within 20 minutes I had got the hang of them and now I would not be parted from them.

Well a glass of sparkling cava is waiting for me for a relaxing Friday evening. I have family over for tomorrow for my Dads birthday and there is a table top sale at the Grammar School Sunday morning so I'll update you on how we get on with more posts next week. Have a lovely weekend. 

No comments: