Pages

Sunday 13 March 2016

Thrifty Finds

We've just come back from the local grammar school table top sale which is normally on a couple of times a year. There were not as many stalls as usual and David overheard someone saying that it was a non-event this time. I did not do too badly with some of my thrifty finds and thought it was a slightly below average sale but I am happy with my thrifty finds.

Boxed set of series 1,2 and 3 of Breaking Bad at a bargain price of £2 for all three and an interesting looking film with a heavy weight cast called Seven Psychopaths for 50p. I also bought series 1 of the Sopranos for £1. I already have this on video whereas the rest of the set I have on DVD so I now have the whole set on DVD.




I found a sealed up ziplock bag containing 7 mixed toiletries for just 50p for the lot:
3 body shop body lotions/ body milk in wild argan oil, frosted cranberry shimmer and moringa.
2 handcreams in almond and strawberry
1 soap & glory body scrub
1 Unknown brand lime hand lotion




I bought two Marks & Spencer tops that look as new for £5. This is more than I would normally pay but at £2.50 each I thought they were still a good buy compared to the charity shop prices.




I needed a new glasses case as my Guess case has broken. I found this new case for £1 plus another case for £1 which is good for large shaded sunglasses.




I bought a Royal Worcester Vale of Evesham dish for £1 for my mum who has a collection of this range. There is a small flaw on the rim but not that noticeable.


We like these sparkling wine bottle chillers and usually keep a couple in the freezer to put on your bottle and keep it chilled for an hour or so. This was just 50p.


Finally I got a recent copy of Cheshire Life for 50p which will be good for a quick flick through.


Not a huge haul but enough to keep me happy.



No comments: