Pages

Sunday 27 March 2016

Carboot Sale & Farmers Market

Happy Easter to you all. David and I decided to not buy eggs for each other this year as we still have Christmas chocolate that needs eating. I did buy two cute bunny cupcakes for us to eat from Waitrose. I bought one for my dad yesterday and put it in a patisserie box along with a M&S luxury hot cross bun and pack of Malteser bunnies as an Easter treat.


We looked out for the advert in the local freebie newspaper for the Cheshire carboot sale and sure enough there was one for this Easter weekend for both Sunday and Monday. We woke up a little later than usual this morning and after 20 minutes I realised the hour had gone on for British Summer Time. This resulted in a mad rush around the house to get out and on the road as we were an hour behind time.

We raced to the carboot sale only to find it was cancelled due the rain yesterday and the field being waterlogged. Luckily we know that a little further there is a farmers market with a small carboot sale nearby. We got there to find the small carboot sale was larger than usual as it was filled with the stall holders who had transferred from the first carboot sale.

There was a Yankee Candle stall selling bags of 20 mixed votives for £10 a bag. I bought two bags and when I got home and looked through them I found that 22 of them are Christmas themed ones and the remaining 18 are a mixture of scents suitable for the rest of the year. I was delighted with this result. These votives normally cost around £1.80 each so 50p each is a good price. Many of the scents are current so even better.














I also bought 2 Yankee Candle advent calendars at £5 each and will put these away as early Christmas gifts for my sister and niece.




They had lots of the large and medium sized jars at £10 and £7 each. I bought myself this lovely gingerbread maple jar which just smells divine.


I have been overdosing on Game of Thrones this weekend and am part way through series 2. I had mentioned to David that I wanted series 3 onwards, but that I needed to wait to find them on a carboot sale. Sure enough I found series 3 - brand new - for £5 plus a number of other DVDs for 20p and 50p each.




There is one stall holder who always has the most lovely things to sell and she is such a nice person too. It always feels like she has a boutique shop on her stall. Today I bought two sets of Oilily perfume and bath/shower gel for £5 a set. She had the body lotion too but I decided not to get this which was a mistake as this sells for £28 (she wanted £2.50) I am not sure whether I will use these as gifts or keep them for myself.







I bought two large jars of Institut Karite 100% Shea butter from the same lady for £2.50 each. This can be used on hands, lips, face, body and hair. I have bought this French range from her before and it is just wonderful as it is so creamy and rich. The soaps look so chic as well as smelling fabulous. She had loads of bags full of goodies which she was leaving sealed up because it was starting to rain - so frustrating. She is so lovely, that when the stall holder saw me looking at a cute tube of Guerlain body milk she let me have it for free.




There was one lady who had the most gorgeous female bulldog called Dolly who was selling items for an animal charity (the lady, not Dolly!!) Dolly was having a sleep in the boot all wrapped in blankets. I bought a brand new box of Llewelyn Bowen for Royal Worcester coasters from her for £1. I don't care for the man myself but I loved the swirly pinky purple pattern of these coasters.


My final purchase was a Marks & Spencer cool bag for £1. I use these a lot when we have weekends away and they usually only last around a year. Maybe I am heavy handed with them? The inside of them becomes brittle after a while so I just throw them away and buy new ones off the carboot sales.

We bought nothing from the farmers market as I didn't need anything .

The sun has come out now and we wish it had been like this early this morning but sadly not. I'm about to start ironing my holiday clothes as I need to pack this week as we're off to Tenerife next weekend for 2 weeks away on a family holiday. 

No comments: