Pages

Friday 25 March 2016

Good Friday

Nothing beats a four day break from work with no particular plans other than pottering around at home. I woke early and after working long hours this week, housework had been neglected and I thought I may as well get up and start the day as I had not had time to do some chores during the week. 

Before I started anything major, I tidied up the kitchen while the kettle boiled for my first of many cups of tea. I opened up the two Graze boxes that had been delivered the day before to see what suprise snacks there were. I was going to cancel my subscription straight after my first free delivery, but thought I would carry on with a few more as some of the later boxes are also free so evening out the cost they are a reasonable price.

This time I got in the first box:
A lighter version of a chocolate brownie - 3 small slices in the pack
Coco Paradise - Belgium milk chocolate, coconut and cranberries
Boston Bagettes - mini breadsticks with a BBQ relish
Bonnie Wee Oatcakes - cheese & chive oatcakes with a caramelised onion marmalade





In the second box: 
Another portion of the chocolate brownies
Billionaires Shortbread - Belgium milk chocolate, almond, cranberries & fudge pieces
Salted fudge & peanut cookie - salted peanuts, redskin peanuts, fudge pieces and mini chocolate cookies
New York everything bagel - poppy seed & onion sesame sticks





I've found these little packs great to take to work as a light lunch (I usually take two) along with a piece of fruit or a low fat yogurt.

The weather has been just beautiful today and I think it is going to be the only pleasant day of the weekend. We decided to take advantage of this and spend some time in the garden. I had already mown the lawns last Sunday for the first time this year so they did not need mowing again today, but I tidied up the borders by doing some weeding, thinning out some plants and some pruning.

I've just sat down with a gingerbread latte (Nescafé latte mix) and a couple of magazines to flick through while opening up the box set of Game of Thrones to watch again. I have series 1 & 2 and need to buy the remaining series but I want to wait until I can find them at a carboot sale. The Cheshire carboot sale starts again this Easter Sunday and is on again on the bank holiday Monday but the weather forecast is not good so we may make a decision each morning as to whether it will be worth a visit or not.


I called into Marks & Spencer to buy food for the weekend last night and mainly bought fresh vegetables, bread, hot cross buns and wine as I already have meat and poultry in the freezer. As it is Good Friday we always have fish for our evening meal and I was going to cook some fresh salmon but David has decided he would rather have a traditional fish supper from the local "chippy". I am not a great lover of batter or chips so we do not have this often but I think it should be nice to not have to cook tonight and have a change.

I've managed to get two lots of washing done, tidy the house a little and now it's time for a couple of hours with my feet up. Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments: