Pages

Monday 7 March 2016

Freebie Magazines & Papers

I bought an Ann Harvey dress on line and used their click & collect option to collect it from a local Bon Marche shop. This is not a shop I usually go into and I wouldn't really have thought to buy clothes from them. Even my dad who is nearly 78 calls it the "old lady shop" which I am sure Bon Marche would not be pleased about. Anyway, the lady who served me was just delightful, she was so pleasant and helpful which makes a refreshing change from the service you often get on the high street.

She gave me a free magazine called BON which I thought would be flicked through and then thrown away. How wrong I was. There was a voucher inside for £60 off wine with a company called naked wines.com. I bought a case of 12 bottles of mixed white wines including my favourite cava for £44.99 delivered free in 2 days time to my local Majestic Wine Warehouse. This works out at just £3.75 a bottle which is a price I would struggle to find in any supermarket for a half decent wine. The wine is already stored in our spare fridge in our garage for next weekend when we have a family gathering for my dad's birthday.






When the wine arrived there were some vouchers inside for other companies and I have used two vouchers for a free Graze box for myself and David. These are usually £3.99 each so we have done well to have got one each. I've looked at this company before but dismissed it as you had to sign up for weekly deliveries but this offer was just for the free box.

I also found a great Easter recipe for Easter egg rocky road which I will be making for Easter weekend. I am trying to keep the sweet treats to a minimum but you can't beat a mini chocolate binge at Easter.



I picked up the free Waitrose Weekend newspaper and found a very interesting article about a new food app called Olio which has been developed to cut down on food waste. Members publish any food they have to give away for free rather than throw away. There is also the option of selling on the food. It was developed by Tessa Cook who was the former managing director of pay day loan firm Wonga. She was going on holiday and had food in her fridge to give away but struggled to do this and thought it was a real waste to throw away perfectly good food. I signed up straight away and browsed what was available within a 5 mile radius of where I live and found available a large 3kg pack of tapioca and a large pack of coffee. Neither were for me, but I am sure it will blossom with more members and if you want to have a look or join the details are available on this link Here.



Every time I visit Waitrose I get a free newspaper and I tend to visit at the weekend to take advantage of the free weekend newspapers as they include several magazines. They often have additional offers included in the weekend papers such as the £5 off Champneys voucher that I used last week in Boots.  Waitrose also have a monthly magazine that is free to Waitrose card holders. I think this magazine is a great freebie as it has money offer vouchers and great recipes.




I bought Glamour magazine which was on offer at £2. I know it is a little young for me but when it comes with a £12 lip balm attached to it for free I would be daft not to buy it. I also made sure that I bought it from Tesco because I had a £10 off a £70 shop voucher. There were three other freebie options all from the Balance Me range. The others were a hand & body wash worth £6, a face mask worth £12 and an eye cream worth £11. I chose the lip balm because it is tinted and I find these great for using on holiday during the day. I find wearing a lipstick too heavy when it is hot but a balm is great for keeping away dry lips and a bit of colour is just the icing on the cake. Even better was finding a free satchet of body lotion which was inside the magazine.







No comments: