Pages

Sunday 28 February 2016

Beauty Bargains

I noticed that Marie Claire magazine had a free Nails Inc. nail varnish with the April issue. I plumped for the deep plum shade that is not dissimilar to my favourite shade of Victoria. There are 4 shades available and they are:




Dark Side of the Moon - deep plum
Moon River - pale taupe
Moon Dance - vibrant orange
Moonlight Shadow - deep grey

When I opened the magazine, there was a free House of Fraser magazine inside as well as two freebie samples of Aveeno body moisturising lotion and a L'oreal rosy day cream.


I noticed that there was an offer in Superdrug where if you bought two items from certain ranges there was a free Patisserie gift set worth £10. I bought two handcreams that were £1.49 each but on offer as buy one get one half price. These were included in the free gift offer so for £2.23 I got two handcreams and the free gift. I will keep the free gift and use it as a present for someone at some point throughout this year.





Boots have some offers on their No.7 range. I bought two items on Wednesday and got a free gift worth £22, which contained a moisturiser, a nail serum, mascara and very wearable eyeshadow in a mink shade. I was given two vouchers to use off my next purchase so yesterday I bought their facial wipes with £5 off and two more make-up items using the £3 off voucher. The make-up I bought was a bronze eyeshadow and an eye make-up primer. I love the Boots No.7 eye primer as it really holds the colour, there is no creasing of the colour or it moving to elsewhere on my eyelid. I was told some time ago by one No.7 assistant that it had been discontinued and was bereft. I moved to a Nars version that was good but not as good as No.7 and twice the price. When I found it on sale again on Wednesday you would not believe how excited I was!!!





I got another free gift and two more sets of the money off vouchers. The vouchers run out on 28th February (today) so I thought I may as well use them up and I went to a different Boots store on my way to Waitrose. I bought two more sets of the facial wipes. I love these and at £7 find them a little pricey but with a £5 off voucher I think that £2 is a more than reasonable price. I bought another two eyeshadows, one in a mid grey colour and one in a purple colour and used the £3 off vouchers and got another free gift. I turned down the offer of more of the money off vouchers as you can have too much of a good thing.



I had been running low on creme bath and bought a fantastic Champneys one the other day. When I was in Boots I noticed that Sanctually Spa had a free gift offer. If you bought two items from the range you got a free gift set worth £12.50. I chose two bottle of their creme bath at £6 each and got the free gift. It is my sister's birthday in April so I will put this to one side as part of her birthday present. The gift contains a full size body wash and body lotion and a large travel size body scrub.




I am delighted with my beauty bargains which should last me for a few months.

No comments: