Pages

Sunday 17 April 2016

Costa Adeje

Sorry for being AWOL for two weeks. I have been on holiday and could get WiFi easily but for some unknown reason, I just could not upload photos to complete my posts for my blog so have had to wait until I got home. Here is last week's post.

Another holiday at the delightful Sunset Bay Club in Costa Adeje, Tenerife. My sister books this April holiday break every year. David and I have resisted going to Tenerife for many years as we have been disappointed with holidays in the Canaries before now. Poor weather and not particularly picturesque. We were persuaded last year to join her and her family and we came out for a week. We enjoyed the holiday mainly because it was with all our extended family and this year we have come for two weeks. 





The two bedroomed apartment that we have could not be more lovely as we have a huge terrace on the front of the complex with sea views. I am sharing with my dad and my nephew who are staying in the twin bedded room, with David and myself in the double bedded room. It has the best facilities you could wish for in an apartment and we couldn't be more pleased.




The weather is warm but a little mixed with cloud for part of the day for most of the time we have been here. This hasn't bothered us as the sun is hot and we have needed to spend some time in the shade. We are having a lazy day by the heated swimming pool today and the jacuzzi is a welcome for resting weary legs and feet from all the walking we have been doing pottering around the resort. 


There is extended family again this year. with my stepbrother and his family in one apartment, my sister and her family in a second and us in a third. We are all just a couple of doors away from each other and as the evening draws in we call on each for pre dinner drinks and a chat on the terrace. David and myself are morning people so we are off to bed at around 11pm each night leaving teenage nephews and nieces staying up to the early hours.

I was in such a rush before we came away that although in managed to get a trip in to the hairdressers, I just did not find the time to get my usual gel manicure. I painted my nails myself  but as usual they were chipped within a day. My niece told me she had seen a nail salon not far from the complex so yesterday I managed to get a gel manicure for the bargain price of around £10.50. I plumped for a mid red with a slight shimmer which should see me through until I get home in 10 days time.


We have had some amazing meals out in the evenings. Most people are going to one restaurant tonight that we have already visited so we are planning on visiting a different restaurant nearby and meeting up afterwards for drinks. I like that we all dip in and out of each other's company rather than going everywhere en masse.




Well some more sun bathing calls me so I'll sign off now and give another soon.

No comments: