Pages

Monday 8 February 2016

Vanity Case Clearout

I opened up my Samsonite vanity case Saturday afternoon to try to find a new blusher. I tend to have a stock of make-up to replace items that I use on a regular basis. Rather than waiting for items to be completely finished and then having to buy a replacement at full price, I usually buy it when there is an offer on - you know, buy three items and get a free toiletry gift bag etc. So I opened up my case and realised that it was full of make up that I do not use, have never used and will not be using in the future.

Most of these items have come free with other purchases and are worth a fair amount if I were to sell them on eBay. I spent the afternoon looking through every item and deciding which items to keep, which to bin (which were nearly all dried up mascaras) and which to sell on eBay. I must have around 30 items to sell which are mainly lipsticks and eye pencils but there a few eye shadows aswell.



I was suprised at how much I had as I normally only open the case and get something from the top of the case and don't bother looking any deeper. I was pleased to find 3 bottles of foundation of different makes -  Max Factor. Body Shop and Boots No7.  I reckon that these will last me for the rest of the year if not longer. I have been using up the free sample sachets of foundation that you get free in magazines over the last few weeks as I had amassed quite a few of them and they were taking up too much room in the bathroom cabinet. I normally get two days worth of cover out of each sachet.

I thought I would try listing my make up as "buy it now" and I upped the price to take into account postage aswell so that I could offer free postage. I had a look for the same or similar items for sale on eBay to get a bit of an idea on prices to charge. I listed around 8 - 10 items yesterday and I've sold 4 already. Result!!. I also got a message from one person asking if I would accept £2.20 (postage costs me £2.80) for a brand new Estée Lauder lipstick that I had listed at £6.19 as it was a Valentines Day gift. Now that is what I call cheeky.





I will keep listing items over the next few weeks and see how I get on. Now I have a stock of make-up to sell I have started clearing out my shoes (again) and have 4 pairs listed with more ready to be listed. There is a limit to how many pairs of shoes, sandals and boots I should keep. I know this sounds strange coming from a woman but I really do have too many. Here are the ones I currently have for sale.






No comments: