Pages

Saturday 6 February 2016

Meal Deals

I have been taking advantage of some of the meal deals that the supermarkets have at the moment. Last week it was Booths's steak dinner which we had last Saturday night. Boy was this delicious! I saved the wine for our forthcoming long weekend break in the Lake District but we had the steaks with pepper butter and roasted vegetables followed by cheese and biscuits. It was such a lovely evening. We lit the candles in the dining room and took our time eating and chatting while enjoying the food and each other's company. It is not that often that we do this and it made me remember why we have been together for 29 years. We are each other's best friends and we both love a steak dinner.



I bought the Marks & Spencer Chinese New Year meal deal yesterday evening where you can get two main courses and three side dishes for £10. I bought dim sum side dishes rather than rice or noodles as I always have these in my pantry and they are cheaper than the dim sum dishes. I saved £7.30 on the full price and we will have a banquet on Monday evening when it is the Chinese New Year. It is the year of the monkey - not my year this year as I am a dragon and David is a dog.




We will be having pancakes on Tuesday 9th as this will be Shrove Tuesday. I bought ready-made ones from M&S a wee while back when they were reduced and I have had the two packs in question in the freezer. Lazy I know, but with the amount of hours I have been doing at work I can't be bothered making pancakes from scratch. To be honest I will be back at the hospital again next Tuesday for my third visit to the surgeon following my surgery for skin cancer in November last year. It will be a day working from home with a break to go to the hospital mid morning so I probably won't be working silly hours this day or feel like cooking up a storm in the kitchen when I get home.



A visit to the hospital is always painful. I don't mean the surgery I have but the cost of parking my car in the hospital car park. The cost is outrageous and they must make a fortune. I think I have paid more in car parking fees than I have paid into the national health via N.I. contributions over recent years.

I am still selling a steady stream of my unwanted belongings on eBay. I have found that "buy it now" and free postage are fundamental to getting rid of my "stuff" quickly and at a good price. The last two days have seen a pair of shoes which have been unused for around 10 years go for £13.99 and two tubes of partially used hair creme go for £2.30. I have also sold a freebie travel mug for £5.19 and two BA toiletry travel bags for £7.99 each. I seem to be selling a really eclectic mix of "stuff" that is not wanted or needed and at prices that I could never reach on a car boot sale.



The idea is to get rid of things in our house and I've recently found the thrill of eBay selling so addictive. I bought three pairs of ladies briefs for 49p each reduced from £6 in M&S yesterday but I have decided they are not my thing and I think I will see if I can sell them.



No comments: