Pages

Saturday 27 February 2016

What I'm Loving Right Now

I'm loving that I used a £5 off a £12 spend on Champneys toiletries on buying the most divine smelling bubble bath. The voucher was free in the Daily Mail paper a week or so ago. The bubble bath is called Summer Dream, "a Well Earned Treat" and was £12 but I paid £7. I wouldn't have paid £12 and £7 seems still a little pricey but a much better price. The scent is zingy like grapefruit but with fruity undercurrents. 



I'm loving that my cat wakes me up by tapping her paw on the side of our bed. We have a wooden bedstead and she taps on the wooden bit rather than the mattress to wake me up to be fed. It is known as "the paw of food" in our house.




I'm loving Nails Inc. and my gel manicure. I've been visiting Nails Inc in Selfridges at the Trafford Centre for around 4 years, on a more on than off basis,  to get a gel manicure and sometimes a pedicure. Their gel manicures usually last between 2 - 3 weeks and I love the variety of colours that you can have. I have had sparkles and glitter on ring fingers at Christmas too. I went for the dark plummy shade of Victoria this time and bought another 3 for the price of 2 loyalty card for my next manicure. I was given 4 full size gel nail polishes as a gift. I love all of the colours apart from the blue shade which I think may be given to my niece.


I'm loving getting rid of items hanging round the house by selling them on eBay. I am not making a fortune but am making a reasonable amount but the reward is more in clearing out the clutter and helping me get some breathing space. I was beginning to feel I was drowning under all our possessions. I have sold mainly shoes & boots, books and make-up that is not needed or wanted. 

I'm loving that David was made redundant on Tuesday. I know this sounds odd but he is 57 and will be able to access his pension when he leaves work in 4 months time. He has worked for 39 years and has worked incredibly hard. He has worked long hours and Saturdays for the last 15 years which has caused problems for home life and weekends away. He has come home some evenings looking tired and grey and I could sense he was weary. He has been "time poor" which has led to work and chores going undone around the house and garden. I already have a list of chores for him for when he finishes in June. Most are for him to get someone in to do, like new windows, but he can organise it and be home for when the work is being done.



I'm loving that we have just 5 weeks to go to a family holiday in Tenerife. We went there last year for a week and this time we are going for two weeks. We have a fabulous two bed roomed, two bathroom apartment with huge terrace. I will be sharing the apartment with the men in life, David, my wonderful dad and my 17 year old nephew. They all treat me as a princess when I'm there. 




What are you loving at the moment?


No comments: