Pages

Tuesday 7 July 2015

Small Carboot Haul

The other Sunday we went to the Cheshire carboot sale after missing two weeks of sales while on holiday. It was a small sale for this time of year and fairly quiet on both the sellers and buyers front. I did manage to get a small haul of  bargain finds and am very pleased with a couple of items that I found. The most I spent on any one item was £2 which was for a Clinique Chubby Stick Lipstick. These usually cost £17 so £2 is a good price. The seller had three bowls of Clinique make-up and skin care items all at £2. I have lots already but could not resist the chubby stick as they are so great to use.



I found a Soap and Glory gift set similar to the one in the link but containing a shower puff aswell. The gift set is around £10 and the shower puff £3.50 so the set would have cost about £13.50 to buy although it would have been cheaper on a 3 for 2 offer. I paid just £1. There are often new gift sets for sale for 50p upwards and I always puzzle as to why people sell them at such low prices or get rid of them at all. I asked one lady who I bought a Lush gift set from as to why she was selling it and she just said she did not like it so I suppose that is probably the answer. So this set will go in the gift bags that I have for my sister and niece for Christmas. I also found a cute Soap and Glory toiletry bag for just 50p which was new and unused. I will put some of the travel size products in this for my sister.



I love L'Occitane products and my favourite scent is their Verbena range. I saw a bar of verbena soap in the standard leaf shape that L'Occitane use and then noticed it was standing on a matching ceramic leaf shaped soap dish. I thought this may cost a few pounds but when I asked how much I found it was £1. Sold!





I bought a box of Laura Ashley candles for £1. These are just too cute to use as they are shaped like cupcakes. The other week I had found a similar Laura Ashley candle set which I posted about here and these had also cost £1. I think I will use these together on a tiered cake stand on our dining table when we have friends over for dinner. I think they will make a great centrepiece for the table.





It seems to be pretty standard at the moment that I will find a selection of magazines and DVDs each time I visit a carboot sale. I bought 30 magazines for 10p each. They are mainly Gardeners World mags and as I need to spend some time and effort on the garden so thought these would give me some much needed inspiration. There were also a few Sainsbury's mags for cooking inspiration.

The DVDs are my usual eclectic mix and ranged in price from 3 for £1, 50p and £1 each. I am now getting to the stage of having too many DVDs and think some now need selling on, giving to charity or seeing if family members want any.

I also bought this cute Christmas cookbook and love that the pages are scalloped rather than straight. It is full of pretty foodie gift ideas rather than how to cook a turkey and I love it. I will try my best to dig it out in November and start planning foodie gifts for the family for Christmas. So much better to receive a homemade gift made with love than a mass produced gift.



What did you find at your carboot sales?

No comments: